ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Carboxylic acids and derivatives > Acyclic carboxylic acid > Pentadecafluorooctanoic acid
Pentadecafluorooctanoic acid Chemical Properties
- Melting point:55-56 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:189 °C736 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 1,7 g/cm3
- Flash point:189-192°C
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility 3.4g/l
- form Crystalline Powder
- color White
- Specific Gravity1.7
- PH2.6 (1g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- Water Solubility 3.4 g/L
- BRN 1809678
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with bases, oxidizing agents, reducing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference335-67-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceOctanoic acid, pentadecafluoro-(335-67-1)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPerfluorooctanoic acid (335-67-1)
- Hazard Codes C,Xi,T,F
- Risk Statements 22-34-52/53-39/23/24/25-23/24/25-11
- Safety Statements 26-36/37/39-45-36/37-16-7
- RIDADR UN 3261 8/PG 3
- WGK Germany 2
- RTECS RH0781000
- Hazard Note Corrosive
- TSCA T
- HazardClass 8
- PackingGroup III
- HS Code 29159080
- Hazardous Substances Data335-67-1(Hazardous Substances Data)
- Toxicitydnd-esc 50 mmol MUREAV 89,95,81
Pentadecafluorooctanoic acid Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesPerfluorooctanoic acid is a white to off-white powder or colorless flakes. It is very soluble in water.It has a pH of 2.6. Perfluorooctanoic acid has the ability to react with bases, oxidizing agents, and reducing agents. Upon decomposition, PFOA can form carbon oxides and hydrogen fluoride. Additional information related to physical and chemical properties of PFOA are not currently available.
- UsesPerfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) is fluorinated surfactant used, primarily as its ammonium salt (APFO), as an aid in the chemical synthesis of fluoropolymers and fluoroelastomers. As such, it may be found in nonstick cookware and utensils, stain-repellant fabric treatments, and water-proofing treatments for garments. Although an effort is underway by the U.S. EPA to reduce use of and replace perfluoroalkyls with other substances, PFOA is still used in United States industry.
Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA, C8, pentadecafluorooctanoic acid, perfluoro caprylic acid) is an eightcarbon compound in the perfluoroalkyl family of chemicals. Perfluorooctane sulfonate is used in a variety of applications, including nonstick cookware, waterproof clothing, leather products, cleaning products, and pesticides. Its main use was as a stain repellent on carpet, furniture, and other consumer products. In 2006, the U.S. Protection Agency along with eight major companies that utilized PFOA embarked on a program to reduce emissions and use of the chemical by 2015 (USEPA, 2012).
- DefinitionChEBI: A fluoroalkanoic acid that is perfluorinated octanoic acid.
- Safety ProfilePoison by intraperitoneal route. Mutation data reported. Whenheated to decomposition it emits toxic vapors of Fí.
- Environmental FatePerfluorooctanoic acid found in the environment may result from waste stream releases from manufacture of cosmetics, lubricants, paints, polishes, adhesives, fabric treatments, and fire-fighting compounds. It can partition to the vapor phase in the atmosphere, where it is degraded atmospherically with a half-life of 31 days. It is very resistant to hydrolysis, and immobile in soil. It will not likely evaporate from soil (depending on soil pH) or surface waters. It is not expected to be absorbed to sediments and suspended particles. Perfluorooctanoic acid is not expected to bioaccumulate in aquatic organisms (BCF =3.1–9.4) (NLM, 2013).
- Purification MethodsCrystallise the acid from CCl4 and toluene, and distil it. It forms micelles in H2O and the solubility is 1% in H2O. The acid chloride has b 129-130o/744mm. The amide has m 138o. [Bernett & Zisman J Phys Chem 63 1911 1959, Bro & Sperati J Polym Sci 38 289 1959, Beilstein 2 IV 994.]
Pentadecafluorooctanoic acid Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5,6,6,7,7,8,8,8-Pentadecafluorooctanoic acid ammonium salt,PENTADECAFLUOROOCTANOIC ACID AMMONIUM SALT,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5,6,6,7,7,8,8,8-Pentadecafluorooctanoic acid ammonium salt,PENTADECAFLUOROOCTANOIC ACID AMMONIUM SALT Ascoric Acid Pentadecafluorooctanoic acid silver(I) salt,Pentadecafluorooctanoic acid silver(I) salt ALLYL PERFLUOROOCTANOATE PENTADECAFLUOROOCTANOIC ACID METHYL ESTER,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5,6,6,7,7,8,8,8-Pentadecafluorooctanoic acid methyl ester,PENTADECAFLUOROOCTANOIC ACID METHYL ESTER,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5,6,6,7,7,8,8,8-Pentadecafluorooctanoic acid methyl ester OCTADECYLAMINOPERFLUOROOCTANOATE N-BUTYL PERFLUOROOCTANOATE 4-VINYLBENZYL PERFLUOROOCTANOATE PERFLUORO-N-OCTANOIC ACID-1-13C Pentadecafluorooctanoic acid ethyl ester,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5,6,6,7,7,8,8,8-Pentadecafluorooctanoic acid ethyl ester,Pentadecafluorooctanoic acid ethyl ester,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5,6,6,7,7,8,8,8-Pentadecafluorooctanoic acid ethyl ester Pentadecafluorooctanoic acid anhydride,Pentadecafluorooctanoic acid anhydride potassium perfluorooctanoate VINYL PERFLUOROOCTANOATE Pentadecafluorooctanoic acid Citric acid Folic acid Ethyl 2-(Chlorosulfonyl)acetate Stearic acid
- Company Name:Beijing Holiyang Chemical Co. Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Weihai Zhaochuan Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Yangzhou modier Electronic Materials Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:shanghai science Bio-Pharmceutical.co,ltd. Gold
- Tel:13761402923 0215-7872719
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-