Basic information Description Source Uses structure and hydrogen bonding Application Safety Related Supplier
NOBILETIN Chemical Properties
- Melting point:136.0 to 140.0 °C
- Boiling point:587.9±50.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.244±0.06 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. -20°C
- form neat
- BRN 360887
- CAS DataBase Reference478-01-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
- Safety Statements 24/25
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS DJ3052200
- HS Code 29329990
NOBILETIN Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionNobiletin (NOB) chemically known as 5,6,7,8,3′,4′-hexamethoxyflavone is a dietary polymethoxylated flavonoid found in Citrus fruits. Nobiletin is a flavonoid isolated from citrus peels. It is an O-methylated flavone that has the activity to rescue bulbectomy-induced memory impairment.
- SourceNobiletin is a nonpolar polymethoxylated flavone (PMFs) found in the citrus peel of various fruits, such as tangerine. Its chemical structure is similar to tangeretin, containing the typical flavonoid structure and six methoxyl groups (one more than tangeretin).
- UsesNOB is a multifunctional pharmaceutical agent. The various pharmacological activities of NOB include neuroprotection, cardiovascular protection, antimetabolic disorder, anticancer, anti-inflammation, and antioxidation.
- structure and hydrogen bondingThe crystal structure study on NOB shows that the chromene and the arene rings are almost in the same plane. The C atoms of the two methoxy groups in the arene ring are also in the same plane, while the C atoms of four methoxy groups linking to the chromene ring are not in parallel. This conformational characteristic of chiral structure is indicated by the covalent bond rotation between the arene and the chromene rings and the conformational alternations of methoxy groups.
- ApplicationNobiletin has been shown to exhibit antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antitumor/cancer, and antiangiogenic activity in vitro and in vivo. Animal and in vitro data also demonstrate nobiletin's potential ability to suppress bone loss, lower cholesterol and atherosclerosis, and improve hyperglycemia and insulin resistance.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite powder
- Usesmatrix metaloproteinase inhibitor; antineoplastic
- DefinitionChEBI: A methoxyflavone that is flavone substituted by methoxy groups at positions 5, 6, 7, 8, 3' and 4' respectively.
- PEDALITIN 3,3',4',5,6,7,8-heptamethoxyflavone 2,3,4,5-Tetramethoxytoluene 5,7,8-TRIHYDROXYFLAVONE 4,2'-DIHYDROXY-3,4',6'-TRIMETHOXYCHALCONE 3',4',7,8-TETRAHYDROXYFLAVONE GARDENIN B 4,5-DIMETHOXYCATECHOL FISETIN HYDRATE 5-DEMETHYLNOBILETIN 2,3,4-Trimethoxyphenol Wogonin 2',3',4',6'-TETRAMETHOXYACETOPHENONE 2,3-Dimethoxy-5-methyl-1,4-hydroquinone 3',4',5,7-TETRAMETHOXYFLAVONE 7,8-DIMETHOXYFLAVONE 6,7-DIMETHOXY-3',4',5-TRIHYDROXYFLAVONE 4',5,7-TRIMETHOXYFLAVONE
- Company Name:Shanghai Tauto Biotech Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Chembest Research Laboratories Limited
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390