ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Inhibitors > PI3K / Akt / mTOR > mTOR inhibitors > Temsirolimus
Temsirolimus Chemical Properties
- Melting point:99-101°C
- Boiling point:1048.4±75.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.21
- Flash point:587.8℃
- storage temp. -20°C Freezer
- solubility Soluble in chloroform, methanol.
- form powder
- color white to off-white
- Merck 14,9142
- Safety Statements 24/25
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS VE6257000
- HS Code 29349990
Temsirolimus Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionWhile renal cell carcinoma (RCC) accounts for only 2 3% of all cancers, the 5-year survival rate for advanced RCC disease is only 5 10%, with approximately 13,000 deaths occurring annually (US statistics only). Immunotherapeutic cytokine options, such as IFN-αand IL-2, have traditionally been frontline treatments, but these agents are not efficacious in all patients and can cause serious side effects. In addition, bevacizumab, a monoclonal antibody against VEGF, has also demonstrated prolongation of PFS. The newest entry for this indication focuses on targets that are downstream from VEGF. Temsirolimus is an inhibitor of the serine/threonine kinase mTOR, which is the mammalian target of rapamycin. mTOR has been implicated in cell replication through control of the cell cycle translation of specific mRNAs. Inhibition of mTOR prevents phosphorylation of the 4E binding protein-1 and the 40S ribosomal protein S6 kinase that are responsible for cell cycle protein translation initiation; cell cycle arrest occurs as the result of termination of cell division from the G1 to the S phase. Disruption of mTOR signaling also has antiangiogenic effects that could be deemed essential in combating RCC, which is driven by unregulated angiogenesis. Temsirolimus is the 2,2-bis(hydroxymethyl)propionate ester of rapamycin (sirolimus), a macrolide fungicide isolated from the bacteria Streptomyces hygroscopicus. Similar to its parent sirolimus, temsirolimus interacts with mTOR through its complex with FK-506 binding protein 12.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Solid
- OriginatorWyeth (US)
- UsesEster analog of Rapamycin
- UsesTemsirolimus (CCI-779) is a specific mTOR inhibitor with IC50 of 1.76 μM.
- UsesTemsirolimus is a semisynthetic macrocyclic lactone prepared from rapamycin by selective alkylation of the 42-hydroxy group with a protected bis(dihydromethyl)propionic acid, followed by deprotection. Like all tacrolimus analogues, temsirolimus binds to receptor protein, FKBP12. The complex then binds to mTOR preventing it from interacting with target proteins. Temsirolimus is extensively cited in the literature with over 700 citations.
- UsesTemsirolimus is a semisynthetic macrocyclic lactone prepared from rapamycin by selective acylation of the 42-hydroxy group with a protected bis(dihydromethyl)propionic acid, followed by deprotection. Like all tacrolimus analogues, temsirolimus binds to receptor protein, FKBP12. The complex then binds to mTOR preventing it from interacting with target proteins. Temsirolimus is extensively cited in the literature with over 700 citations.
- brand nameTorisel
- General DescriptionTemsirolimus is an esterified derivative of rapamycinand in a similar manner binds initially to the proteinFKBP-12(FK506-binding protein).This complexthen acts to inhibit the mammalian target of rapamycin(mTOR), a serine-threonine kinase that plays a crucial rolein cell division. It is somewhat unique in its method of kinaseinhibition, because it actually binds to an allostericmodulator of the kinase rather than just binding to theATP-binding site like most other kinase inhibitors.Temsirolimus is available as a 25-mg/mL injection forIV administration in the treatment of advanced RCC. Theagent is extensively metabolized and undergoes rapid hydrolysisof the ester function to give rapamycin that retainsactivity.Additional metabolism is mediated primarilyby CYP3A4 to give several hydroxylated and demethylatedmetabolites that are inactive. The agent and metabolites areeliminated primarily in the feces with half-lives of 17 and55 hours for temsirolimus and rapamycin, respectively.This agent, like rapamycin, possesses immunosuppressantproperties and there is an increased risk of infection.The most serious side effects are interstitial lung disease,perforation of the bowel, and acute renal failure althoughthese occur only rarely. The most commonly seen side effects are rash, weakness, mucositis, nausea, edema, andanorexia.
- Chemical SynthesisWhile rufinamide may be prepared by several related routes, the preferred starting material is 2,6-difluorobenzyl azide. Reaction with either 2-propynoic acid or 2-chloroacrylonitrile affords 1-(2,6-difluorobenzyl)-1H-1,2,3-triazole-4-carboxylic acid or 1-(2,6-difluorobenzyl)- 1H-1,2,3-triazole-4-carbonitrile, respectively. For the carboxylic acid Shridhar Hegde and Michelle Schmidt intermediate, treatment with thionyl chloride followed by concentrated aqueous ammonium hydroxide or conversion to its methyl ester (methanol/sulfuric acid) with subsequent ammonolyis provides rufinamide.
- 1-methyl-piperidine-2-carboxylicacidmethylester H-HOMOPRO-OME HCL 1-ETHYL-PIPERIDINE-2-CARBOXYLIC ACID HYDROCHLORIDE D(+)-Pipecolinic acid Temsirolimus Acetonide Ethyl1-butyl-2-piperidinecarbxylate DL-PIPECOLINIC ACID TETRAHYDRATE Ethyl 1-methylpipecolinate Temsirolimus-d3 1-ACETYL-2-PIPERIDINECARBOXYLIC ACID 2,2-Bis(hydroxymethyl)propionic acid N,N-DI-N-PROPYL-L-ALANINE 2-(TETRAHYDRO-PYRAN-2-YL)-ETHYLAMINE Ethyl pipecolinate 2-(dibutylamino)acetic acid Temsirolimus CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III Rapamycin
- Company Name:Fujian Kerui Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18505919179 15960103919
- Company Name:Chembest Research Laboratories Limited Gold
- Company Name:Changzhou Chenhong Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13775037613 0519-85788828
- Company Name:Shanghai Fuyi Biological Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.