ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Organometallic compounds > Organic copper > COPPER FORMATE
COPPER FORMATE Chemical Properties
- Melting point:130°C
- Density 1,831 g/cm3
- form Powder
- color green to blue
- Specific Gravity1.831
- Water Solubility 12.5g/100mL H2O [CRC10]; insoluble most organic solvents [MER06]
- Merck 14,2639
- EPA Substance Registry SystemFormic acid, copper(2+) salt (2:1) (544-19-4)
COPPER FORMATE Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesthree forms of anhydrous formate exist: powder(s) blue, turquoise or royal blue crystal(s) [MER06].
Copper(II) formate is a royal blue material that obtains by crystallization from 75-85°C solutions. Crystallization from solutions at temperatures of 50-60°C results in the formation of a metastable dihydrate. A tetrahydrate can be produced by crystallization at lower temperatures.
- UsesCopper formate is used for the control of bacteria and mildew in cellulosic materials.
- PreparationCopper(II) formate is produced by dissolution of copper(II) oxide in hot formic acid or by the reaction of copper(II) carbonate or hydroxide with formic acid. It can also be produced by aeration of hot formic acid over copper metal.
- General DescriptionBlue crystalline powder. Sinks and mixes with water.
- Air & Water ReactionsWater soluble.
- Reactivity ProfileSalts, basic, such as COPPER FORMATE, are generally soluble in water. The resulting solutions contain moderate concentrations of hydroxide ions and have pH's greater than 7.0. They react as bases to neutralize acids. These neutralizations generate heat, but less or far less than is generated by neutralization of the bases in reactivity group 10 (Bases) and the neutralization of amines. They usually do not react as either oxidizing agents or reducing agents but such behavior is not impossible.
- Health HazardINHALATION: May cause nasal congestion. EYES: May cause conjunctivitis. SKIN: Irritation. INGESTION: Irritation.
- Cupric acetate salicylic acid, copper salt COPPER PROPIONATE Ethylenediaminetetraacetate-copper-ammonia complex COPPER(II) TARTRATE MONOHYDRATE CUPRIC PALMITATE Cupric oxalate COPPER FORMATE DISODIUM CUPRIC CITRATE Copper acetoarsenite Copper benzoate 2-PYRAZINECARBOXYLIC ACID, COPPER(II) SALT MONO-N-BUTYL PHTHALATE COPPER(II) SALT CUPRIC LACTATE bis[4-hydroxysalicylato(2-)-O1,O2]cuprate(2-) COPPER(II) OLEATE Cupric stearate POTASSIUM BISOXALATOCUPRATE(II) HYDRATE
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Shanghai Hanhong Scientific Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:Hangzhou Yuhao Chemical Technology Co., Ltd