ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Analytical Chemistry > Standard > Spectral Standards > 5,5-DIMETHYL-1-PYRROLINE N-OXIDE
5,5-DIMETHYL-1-PYRROLINE N-OXIDE Chemical Properties
- Melting point:25-29 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:75 °C0.4 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 1.015 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:204 °F
- storage temp. −20°C
- form Pale yellow solid or oil.
- Merck 14,3393
- BRN 107603
- Stability:Stable, but light sensitive, hygroscopic and heat sensitive. Store in the dark, under an inert gas, and keep cold. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents, moisture.
- CAS DataBase Reference3317-61-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
5,5-DIMETHYL-1-PYRROLINE N-OXIDE Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertieswhite to faintly yellow solid
- UsesSpin trap agent for biological systems.
- PreparationTo a three-necked round bottom flask equipped with a condenser, addition funnel, thermometer, and mechanical stirrer and containing 300 ml. 95% ethanol precooled to 2°C is added, all at once, 14.5 g (0.1 mole) 4-methyl-4-nitropentanol, and 13.1 g (1.2 mole) zinc dust. With rapid agitation, the glacial acetic acid (24.0 g, 0.4 mole) is added dropwise over a 1-hr period while maintaining the reaction temperature below 15°C. The mixture is stirred vigorously for 2 hr and then stored in the refrigerator for 2 days, at approximately 1°C. Then the zinc acetate is filtered and rinsed with 100 ml of ethanol. The combined ethanol factions are rotoevapo-rated to give the crude nitrone. The crude nitrone is dissolved in a 200 ml portion of dichloromethane and the latter washed two times with saturated sodium bicarbonate solution. The organic layer is dried over sodium sulfate and the solvent rotoevaporated, to give 10.7 (94% yield) of the crude nitrone. The product was purified by double distillation (b.p. 53°C, 0.1 Torr), to give 6.8 g (60%) of the pure nitrone as a white hygroscopic solid. The H1 NMR (400 MH CDC13, Me4Si) is 6.80 (t, 2H, methylene bound to quaternary C, J = 7.2Hg), 1.43 (s, 6H, methyl), C13NMr (100 MH2, CDC13, Me4 Si) 5=132.4 (Vinyl), 73.5 (quaternary), 34.1 (Allyl), 25.3 (methylene bound to quaternary C), 24.4 (methyls).
- Biological ActivityWater soluble nitric oxide spin trap; allows the measurement of oxygen-centered free radicals in biological systems at room temperature using electron spin resonance (ESR). Has a high reaction rate constant for superoxide and hydroxyl radicals, and distinguishes simultaneously among a variety of important biologically generated free radicals.
- 2-Phenyl-4,4-dimethyl-1-pyrroline 1-oxide 2,2'-[p-Phenylenebis(vinylene)]bis(5,5-dimethyl-1-pyrroline 1-oxide) 2-(2-Methoxy-2-phenylethenyl)-4,4-dimethyl-1-pyrroline 1-oxide glutathionyl-5,5-dimethyl-1-pyrroline N-oxide 2-(2-Dimethylamino-2-phenylethenyl)-4,4-dimethyl-1-pyrroline 1-oxide 2-(Hydroxyimino)methyl-5,5-dimethyl-1-pyrroline 1-oxide 2-Cyano-5,5-dimethyl-1-pyrroline 1-oxide 2-tert-Butyl-5,5-dimethyl-1-pyrroline 1-oxide 2-Styryl-4,4-dimethyl-1-pyrroline 1-oxide 2-Carboxy-5,5-dimethyl-1-pyrroline 1-oxide ANTI-5,5-DIMETHYL-1-PYRROLINE-N-OXIDE NITRONE ADDUCT 2-ETHOXYCARBONYL-2-METHYL-3,4-DIHYDRO-2H-PYRROLE-1-OXIDE 5,5-DIMETHYL-4-PHENYL-1-PYRROLINE N-OXIDE 5-METHYL-5-PHENYLPYRROLINE N-OXIDE 3,3,5,5-TETRAMETHYL-1-PYRROLINE N-OXIDE 5,5-DIMETHYL-1-PYRROLINE, N-OXIDE, [2-14C]- 5,5-DIMETHYL-4-HYDROXYMETHYL-1-PYRROLINE N-OXIDE 3-[[2-(BIOTINAMIDO)ETHYL]DITHIO]PROPIONIC ACID 4'-(HYDROXYMETHYL)DMPO ESTER
- Company Name:Changzhou Ucheml Medicine Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:19850226905 0519-86058959-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390