ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Inhibitors > Metabolism > PDE inhibitors > Vardenafil hydrochloride trihydrate
Vardenafil hydrochloride trihydrate
Vardenafil hydrochloride trihydrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:230-235°C
- Density 1.37
- Flash point:9℃
- storage temp. ?20°C
Vardenafil hydrochloride trihydrate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionVardenafil is a new PDE5 inhibitor launched for oral treatment of male erectile dysfunction and it has significant structural similarity with sildenafil (Viagra?), which was the first PDE5 inhibitor introduced in 1998 for this indication. Vardenafil is synthesized in three steps starting with a cyclization reaction of 2-ethyoxybenzamidine with 2-butyramidopropionic acid and ethoxyallyl chloride to construct the imidazotriazine ring system, followed by sulfonation to the corresponding sulfonyl chloride and subsequent condensation with 1-ethylpiperazine. The potency of PDE5 inhibition by vardenafil (IC50=0.7 nM) is ～10 times greater than that of sildenafil (IC50=6.6 nM). Vardenafil is typically administered in single doses of 10 and 20 mg. The time to reach maximum plasma concentration is 0.75 h, which is slightly shorter than those of sildenafil (tmax=1.16 h) and tadalafil (tmax=2h), and the half-life is 4–5 h. Although it is almost completely absorbed following oral administration, the mean absolute bioavailability of a 10 mg dose is ～15%, resulting from extensive first pass metabolism. Vardenafil is metabolized in the liver primarily by CYP3A4 and is eliminated mainly in feces. In clinical studies, 10–20 mg doses of vardenafil was well tolerated and efficacious in patients with ED of various severities, including subjects with comorbidities such as diabetes mellitus or hypertension or hyperlipidemia. The side-effect profile of vardenafil is similar to that of sildenafil, with headache, flushing, dyspepsia and nasal congestion being the most common adverse events. Vardenafil has systemic vasodilatory properties, which can cause transient decrease in supine blood pressure; however, it does not appear to translate into clinical effects. The mean maximum decreases in supine systolic blood pressure following 20 and 40 mg vardenafil were 6.9 and 4.3 mmHg, respectively, when compared to placebo. However, single and multiple oral doses of vardenafil up to 40 mg produced no clinically relevant changes in the ECGs of normal male volunteers.
- OriginatorBayer AG (Germany)
- Useserectil dysfunction;PDE5 inhibitor
- DefinitionChEBI: The sulfonamide resulting from formal condensation of the sulfo group of 4-ethoxy-3-(5-methyl-7-propylimidazo[5,1-f][1,2,4]triazin-4(1H)-one-2-yl)benzenesulfonic acid and the secondary amino group of 4-ethylpiperazine.
- brand nameLevitra
- Ninhydrin hydrate Citrazinic acid Thiophanate-methyl Ethoxyquin Trimethylamine hydrochloride Methyl Triethylamine hydrochloride Bensulfuron methyl Topotecan hydrochloride Methyl acrylate Parathion-methyl Methyl acetate DIETHOXYMETHANE Tadalafil vardenafil Methyl bromide Kresoxim-methyl Ethyl vinyl ether
Vardenafil hydrochloride trihydrateSupplierMore
- Company Name:Hubei Dibai Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:15872383390 027-87058617-
- Company Name:Hebei shuoxi biotechnology co. LTD Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Mr Qiu:021-50182298(Demestic market) Miss Xu：021-50180596（Abroad market）
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:TAIYUAN RHF CO.,LTD.
- Tel:+86 351 7031519