ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Phosphide And metal phosphates > Sodium tripolyphosphate
Sodium tripolyphosphate Chemical Properties
- CAS DataBase Reference13573-18-7
Sodium tripolyphosphate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite powder. Two crystalline forms of anhydrous salt and a hexahy- drate.
- UsesWater softening; sequestering, peptizing, or deflocculating agent; food additive and texturizer.
- UsesSodium Tripolyphosphate is a binder, stabilizer, and sequestrant that is mildly alkaline, with a ph of 10, and moderately soluble in water, with a solubility of 15 g in 100 ml of water at 25°c. it is used to improve the whipping properties of egg-containing angel food cake mix and meringues. it reduces gelling of juices and canned ham and tenderizes canned peas and lima beans. it is a moisture binder in cured pork and protects against discoloration and reduces shrinkage in sausage products. in algin desserts, it functions as a calcium sequestrant. it is also termed pentasodium tripolyphosphate and sodium triphosphate.
- Safety ProfilePoison by intravenous route. Moderately toxic by ingestion, subcutaneous, and intraperitoneal routes. Ingestion of large doses of sodium phosphates causes catharsis. Sodium metaand pyrophosphates can cause hemorrhages from the intestine if taken internally in large doses. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of POx and Na2O.
Sodium tripolyphosphate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Tetrasodium pyrophosphate Sodium sulfite Pentasodium triphosphate hexhydrate sodium hexametaphosphate Compound phosphate NA Sodium phosphate dibasic dodecahydrate Sodium Phosphate, Dibasic Sodium polyphosphate Citric acid Sodium phosphate tribasic dodecahydrate Potassium pyrophosphate Trisodium phosphate Calcium phosphate tribasic CALCIUM (II) O-PHOSPHATE, HYDROUS Calcium phosphate Sodium tripolyphosphate
- Company Name:XiaoGan ShenYuan ChemPharm co,ltd
- Tel:15527768850 0712-2580635-
- Company Name:Beijing Universal Century Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:HBCChem, Inc.
- Company Name:Henan Tianfu Chemical Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:Hangzhou J&H Chemical Co., Ltd.