ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Siloxane > 3-Glycidoxypropyltrimethoxysilane
Basic information Silane Coupling Agents KH-560 Molecular formula Molecular Structure Physicochemical Properties Uses Application Handling and Storage Fire-fighting measures Toxicological Information Safety Related Supplier
3-Glycidoxypropyltrimethoxysilane Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-50°C
- Boiling point:120 °C2 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 1.070 g/mL at 20 °C
- refractive index n
- Flash point:>230 °F
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form Liquid
- color Clear
- Specific Gravity1.07
- Water Solubility Miscible with alcohols, ketones and aliphatic or aromatic hydrocarbons. Immiscible with water.
- Sensitive Moisture Sensitive
- Hydrolytic Sensitivity7: reacts slowly with moisture/water
- BRN 4308125
- CAS DataBase Reference2530-83-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference3-Glycidoxypropyltrimethoxysilane(2530-83-8)
- EPA Substance Registry System3-(Trimethoxysilyl)propyl glycidyl ether (2530-83-8)
3-Glycidoxypropyltrimethoxysilane Usage And Synthesis
- Silane Coupling Agents KH-560KH-560 is the first widely used coupling agent and has been used for 40 years. One end of its structure with reactive groups such as amino and vinyl, can react with epoxy, phenolic, polyester and other synthetic resin molecules. The other end is alkoxy (such as methoxy, ethoxy etc.) or chlorine atoms which is connected with silicon. These groups can be transformed into silanol in the hydrolysis in water solution or damp air. And the formed silanol is able to react with surface hydroxyl of glass, minerals and inorganic filler. Therefore, silane coupling agent is commonly used in silicate-filled epoxy, phenolic, polyester resin and other systems. In addition, it can also be used for FRP production, in order to improve its mechanical strength and resistance to wet environment. The organic groups of the silane coupling agent are selective about the reaction of the synthetic resin. Generally, these organic groups lack sufficient reactivity with synthetic resins such as polyethylene, polypropylene and polystyrene, and thus the coupling effect for them is poor. In recent years, new varieties of silane coupling agents with better coupling for polyolefins have been developed, but are limited in cost and other properties and are not yet widely used.
Silane coupling agent is also known as silane treatment agent. Its general formula is Y (CH2) nSiX3. Wherein n is an integer of 0 to 3; X is a hydrolyzable group such as chlorine, methoxy, ethoxy and acetoxy; Y is an organic functional group such as a vinyl, an amino, an epoxy group, a methacryloyloxy group and sulfydryl.
- Molecular formulaC9H20O5Si
- Molecular Structure
Fig: Molecular structure
- Physicochemical PropertiesColorless transparent liquid;
Soluble in a variety of organic solvents;
Easy to hydrolysis;
Able for condensation to form polysiloxanes;
Easy to polymerize in the presence of overheating, light and peroxide.
- Uses3-Glycidoxypropyltrimethoxysilane is an epoxy-functional silane, it is a clear, light straw liquid. 3-Glycidoxypropyltrimethoxysilane may be used as a coupling agent in polysulfide and polyurethane caulks and sealants, in mineral-filled or glass-reinforced thermosets and thermoplastics, and in glass roving size-binders. It is particularly employed as an adhesion-promoting additive in waterborne systems, e.g. improving the adhesion of acrylic latex sealants.
- 3-Glycidoxypropyltrimethoxysilane may improve dry and wet strength in cured composites reinforced with glass fiber rovings
- Enhance wet electrical properties of epoxy-based encapsulate and packaging materials.
- Eliminate the need for a separate primer in polysulfide and urethane sealants.
- Improve adhesion in waterborne acrylic sealants and in urethane and epoxy coatings.
- It is mainly used in unsaturated polyester composites to improve the mechanical properties, electrical properties and light transmission properties of the composites, especially to improve their performance in wet environment.
- In wire and cable industry, when used to treat EPDM system stuffed by pottery clay and crosslinked by peroxide, it can improve consumption factor and specific inductance captance.
- Used for its copolymerization with monomers like vinyl acetate and acrylic acid or methacrylic, to form the polymers widely used in coatings, adhesives and sealants, providing excellent adhesion and durability.
- Handling and Storage
- Fire-fighting measuresFlammable properties
Flash point: 135 °C (275 °F)-closed cup
Ignition temperature: 400 °C (752 °F)
Suitable extinguishing media
Use water spray, alcohol-resistant foam, dry chemical or carbon dioxide.
Special protective equipment for fire-fighters
Wear self-contained breathing apparatus for fire-fighting if necessary.
- Toxicological InformationAcute toxicity: LD50 Oral-rat-8,030 mg/kg
LD50 Dermal-rabbit-4,248 mg/kg
Irritation and corrosion:
Eyes-rabbit-Mild eye irritation
- Chemical PropertiesColorless transparent liquid
- UsesPre-treatment of carbon steel with 3-(Glycidoxypropyl)trimet?hoxysilane enhances the dry and wet adhesion while reducing the cathotic disbondment rate of an epoxy coating
3-Glycidoxypropyltrimethoxysilane Preparation Products And Raw materials
- N-[3-(Trimethoxysilyl)propyl]ethylenediamine SILANE COUPLING AGENT ETHYLTRIMETHOXYSILANE 3-Glycidoxypropyltrimethoxysilane Trimethoxypropylsilane Butyl glycidyl ether BENZYL GLYCIDYL ETHER Ethylbenzene Vinyltrimethoxysilane Propyl gallate Allyl glycidyl ether Diethyl ether C8E3 Propyl butyrate 3-Aminopropyltriethoxysilane Trimethoxysilane Trimethoxysilylpropanethiol 1,2,3-PROPANETRIOL GLYCIDYL ETHER
- Company Name:Shandong Wanda Organosilicon New Materials Co., Ltd. Gold
- Products Intro:Product Name:3-(2,3-Epoxypropoxypropyl)trimethoxysilane
- Company Name:Chembridge International Corp.(Taipei/Dongguan/Nanjing) Gold
- Products Intro:Product Name:3-Glycidoxy propyl trimethoxy silane
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Products Intro:Product Name:(3-Glycidyloxypropyl)triMethoxysilane
Purity:99% Package:100g;500g Remarks:C10003
- Company Name:Hangzhou Earth Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13906719152 0571-82699306
- Products Intro:Product Name:3-GlycidoxypropyltriMethoxysilane;3-(2,3-EPOXYPROPOXY)PROPYLTRIMETHOXYSILANE;3-TRIMETHOXYSILYLPROPYL GLYCIDYL ETHER;3-GLYCIDOXYPROPYLTRIMETHOXYSILANE;3-GLYCIDYLOXYPROPYLTRIMETHOXYSILANE;DOW CORNING Z-6040 EPOXYFUNCTIONAL SILICONE ADHESIVE ADDITIVE;GLYMO;(GLYCIDOXYPROPYL)TRIMETHOXYSILANE;GLYCIDYL 3-[TRIMETHOXYSILYL]PROPYL ETHER;KH-560
- Company Name:HUANSHAN KBR CHEMICAL CO., LTD Gold
- Products Intro:Product Name:3-Glycidoxypropyltrimethoxysilane