ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Circulatory system drugs > Peripheral vasodilators > phenoxybenzamine
phenoxybenzamine Chemical Properties
- Melting point:38-40°
- Boiling point:381.5±27.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.0513 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5600 (estimate)
- color Crystals from pet ether
- CAS DataBase Reference59-96-1
- EPA Substance Registry SystemN-(2-Chloroethyl)-N-(1-methyl-2-phenoxyethyl)benzenemethanamine (59-96-1)
- ToxicityLD50 oral in rat: 2500mg/kg
phenoxybenzamine Usage And Synthesis
- brand nameDibenzyline (WellSpring);Dibenzyran.
- World Health Organization (WHO)Phenoxybenzamine, a long-acting alpha-adrenoreceptor antagonist, was introduced in 1953 and has been used in a variety of peripheral vascular disorders. In 1982 it was shown to have mutagenic activity and in 1985 it was found to be carcinogenic in the rat. Its approved use was subsequently restricted by several regulatory authorities and phenoxybenzamine is currently used to manage hypertensive episodes associated with phaeochromocytoma, as an adjunct to the short-term management of urinary retention due to neurogenic bladder, in the short-term treatment of benign prostatic hypertrophy in patients awaiting surgery, and in inoperable benign prostatic hypertrophy.
- Safety ProfileConfirmed carcinogen with experimental carcinogenic and neoplastigenic data. Poison by intravenous and intracerebral routes. Moderately toxic by ingestion. Human reproductive effects by ingestion: spermatogenesis. Experimental reproductive effects. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of Cland NOx.
- Purification MethodsThe free base is crystallised from pet ether, and the HCl is crystallised from EtOH/diethyl ether. [Beilstein 12 IV 2204.]
- Company Name:Beijing HuaMeiHuLiBiological Chemical
- Company Name:Chengdu Saint - Kay Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Career Henan Chemica Co
- Tel:13203830695 0371-86658258
- Company Name:Hefei TNJ Chemical Industry Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18725517527 0551-65418671
- Company Name:Wuhan pengyin Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd