ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Organic fluorine compound > Fluoroethane series > FLUOROETHANE
FLUOROETHANE Chemical Properties
FLUOROETHANE Usage And Synthesis
- General DescriptionA colorless, odorless, flammable gas. Can cause asphyxiation by the displacement of air. Exposure of the container to prolonged heat or fire may cause FLUOROETHANE to rupture violently and rocket.
- Air & Water ReactionsHighly flammable.
- Reactivity ProfileFLUOROETHANE is incompatible with strong oxidizing and reducing agents. Also, may be incompatible with many amines, nitrides, azo/diazo compounds, with alkali metals, and with epoxides.
- Health HazardVapors may cause dizziness or asphyxiation without warning. Some may be irritating if inhaled at high concentrations. Contact with gas or liquefied gas may cause burns, severe injury and/or frostbite. Fire may produce irritating and/or toxic gases.
- Fire HazardEXTREMELY FLAMMABLE. Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames. Will form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors from liquefied gas are initially heavier than air and spread along ground. CAUTION: Hydrogen (UN1049), Deuterium (UN1957), Hydrogen, refrigerated liquid (UN1966) and Methane (UN1971) are lighter than air and will rise. Hydrogen and Deuterium fires are difficult to detect since they burn with an invisible flame. Use an alternate method of detection (thermal camera, broom handle, etc.) Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Cylinders exposed to fire may vent and release flammable gas through pressure relief devices. Containers may explode when heated. Ruptured cylinders may rocket.
- Safety ProfileA poison by inhalation. A very dangerous fire hazard when exposed to heat, flames, or oxidizers. To fight fire, stop flow of gas. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of F-.
FLUOROETHANE Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsFlutropium bromide
- 1,1,2-TRICHLORO-1-FLUOROETHANE 2-Phenylthio-2-ethoxy-1-fluoroethane 3,5-Bis(trifluoromethyl)benzonitrile OCTAFLUOROTOLUENE 3-Bromobenzotrifluoride BENZOYL FLUORIDE 3-(Trifluoromethyl)anisole 3,5-Bis(trifluoromethyl)bromobenzene 2-Bromobenzotrifluoride ACETYL FLUORIDE 2,6-BIS(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)BENZOIC ACID 2,5-Bis(trifluoromethyl)nitrobenzene 3,5-Bis(trifluoromethyl)phenol 2'-(Trifluoromethyl)acetophenone 3-Fluorobenzotrifluoride 3,5-Bis(trifluoromethyl)benzoyl chloride 2-Fluorobenzotrifluoride 3-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)ACETANILIDE
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:ChemStrong Scientific Co.,Ltd
- Tel:15920483169 0755-66853366-
- Company Name:SHANG FLUORO
- Company Name:Zhengzhou Acme Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:13323845623 0371-55629727-
- Company Name:AoboRui (Tianjin) Co., Ltd.
- Tel:18310521067 022-65675308-