ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Metal Sulphides and sulphates > AMMONIUM SULFITE
AMMONIUM SULFITE Chemical Properties
- Hazardous Substances Data10196-04-0(Hazardous Substances Data)
AMMONIUM SULFITE Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesColorless to white crystals that are soluble in water (NH4)2S03H20 is used both as a reducing agent and in photography. This compound is a salt that can form from the reaction of ammonia and sulfur dioxide or hydrogen sulfide. This product is frequently found in the overhead of crude distillation units and can be quite corrosive to steel equipment. Chemical corrosion inhibitors are often used to control corrosion from ammonium sulfite and other ammonium salts
- Chemical PropertiesAmmonium sulfite is a colorless to yellow crystalline (sand-like or sugar-like) solid, normally sold or used in a 40% solution.
- General DescriptionAMMONIUM SULFITE is a colorless crystalline solid. The primary hazard is the threat to the environment. Immediate steps should be taken to limit its spread to the environment. AMMONIUM SULFITE is used in the manufacture of other chemicals, in medicine, and photography.
- Air & Water ReactionsSoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileAMMONIUM SULFITE is a reducing agent. Emits toxic sulfur dioxide and oxides of nitrogen when heated to decomposition [USCG, 1999].
- Health HazardInhalation of dust causes irritation of nose and throat. Ingestion causes irritation of mouth and stomach. Dust irritates eyes.
- Fire HazardSpecial Hazards of Combustion Products: Toxic sulfur dioxide and oxides of nitrogen may form in fires.
- Potential ExposureAmmonium sulfite is used in medicines, metal lubricants; explosives, photography, hair wave solutions; and to make other chemicals. It is also used as a preservative, and for treating agricultural grain.
- ShippingUN2693 Bisulfites, inorganic, aqueous solutions, n.o.s., Hazard class: 8; Labels: 8-Corrosive material. UN3077 Environmentally hazardous substances, solid, n.o. s., Hazard class: 9; Labels: 9-Miscellaneous hazardous material, Technical Name Required.
- IncompatibilitiesA strong reducing agent. Reacts violently with strong oxidizers (chlorates, nitrates, peroxides, permanganates, perchlorates, chlorine, bromine, fluorine, etc.); contact may cause fires or explosions. Keep away from alkaline materials, strong bases, strong acids, oxoacids, epoxides.
- Waste DisposalDissolve or mix the material with a combustible solvent and burn in a chemical incinerator equipped with an afterburner and scrubber. All federal,state, and local environmental regulations must be observed. May be buried in a chemical waste landfill in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes; or, if oxidized and neutralized, it may be sent to a municipal sewage treatment plant for biological treatment Incineration.
AMMONIUM SULFITE Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Calcium sulfite Ammonium sulfite monohydrate, 92% min,AMMONIUM SULFITE Sodium sulfite Ammonium sulfite water solution AMMONIUM BISULFITE 56% T PINACRYPTOL YELLOW 4-METHOXY-1,3-PHENYLENEDIAMINE SULFATE HYDRATE AMINOACETONITRILE HYDROGEN SULFATE REACTIVE BLACK 5 BRILLIANT GREEN 4,5-DIAMINO-6-HYDROXYPYRIMIDINE SULFATE 2,4,5-Triamino-6-chloropyrimidine hydrochloride 3,4-DIAMINO-5-HYDROXYPYRAZOLE SULFATE CI 37210 4-PHENYLAMINOBENZENEDIAZONIUM HYDROGENSULFATE Phenazine methosulfate 4,5,6-TRIAMINOPYRIMIDINE SULFATE AMMONIUM-15N SULFATE
- Company Name:HUAIAN DEPON CHEMICAL CO., LTD. Gold
- Company Name:Hubei XinMingTai Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:17771791433 027-62437337-
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:18516978288 0757-86329057-
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-
- Company Name:Beijing Ouhe Technology Co., Ltd
- Tel:13552068683 010-82967028-