CARAMEL Chemical Properties
CARAMEL Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesCaramel color is one of the oldest and most widely used food-color additives. Caramel has an odor of burnt sugar and a pleasant, bitter taste. However, at the low levels used in food, the taste is not perceptible. Internationally, the Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives and Contaminants (JECFA) has divided caramel color into four classes, depending on the reactants used in its manufacturing. For further details, see Burdock (1997).
- UsesPharmaceutic aid (color).
- Usescaramel is used as a coloring agent. It provides products with a slight touch of brown. Some sources also state that it acts as a soothing agent in skin care preparations. Caramel is a concentrated solution obtained from heating sugar or glucose solutions.
- UsesCaramel is a colorant that is an amorphous, dark brown product resulting from the controlled heat treatment of carbohydrates such as dextrose, sucrose, and malt syrup. it is available in liquid and powdered forms, providing shades of brown. in coloring a food with caramel, the food components must have the same charge as the particles of caramel, otherwise the particles will attract one another and precipitate out. caramel can exist as several types, for example, acid-proof caramel of negative charge which is used in carbonated beverages, acidified solutions, bakers’ and confectioners’ caramel which are used in baked goods; and dried caramel for dry mixes. major uses are in coloring beverages such as colas and root beers and in baked goods.
- DefinitionA sugar-based food colorant made from liquid corn syrup by heating in the presence of catalysts to approximately 250F (121C) for several hours, cooling to 200F (93C), and filtering. The brown color results from either Maillard reactions, true caramelization, or oxidative reactions. Caramels are colloidal in nature, the particles being held in solution by either positive or negative electric charges.
- PreparationMade by heating sugar or glucose, adding small amounts of alkali, alkaline carbonate or a trace of mineral acid during the heating.
- Safety ProfileMutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes.
CARAMEL Preparation Products And Raw materials
- CARAMEL FLAVOUR Aluminum acetylacetonate METHYL ISOCYANOACETATE TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)EUROPIUM(III) N-BUTYLISOCYANIDE Ferric acetylacetonate TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE 2,4-PENTANEDIONE, SILVER DERIVATIVE DICHLORO(ETHYLENEDIAMINE)PLATINUM(II) SALCOMINE Cupric acetylacetonate BENZYL ISOCYANIDE COBALT(II) ACETYLACETONATE PHENYLSELENOL COBALT ETHYLENE DIAMINE CHLORIDE Ethyl isocyanoacetate TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)DYSPROSIUM(III) Tosylmethyl isocyanide
- Company Name:Spectrum Chemical Manufacturing Corp.
- Company Name:VOT INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS CO.,LTD
- Company Name:Hubei Jusheng Technology Co.,Ltd
- Tel:18871490274 027-59599241-
- Company Name:Chizhou Kailong Import and Export Trade Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Please Email
- Company Name:Hefei TNJ Chemical Industry Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:15856988503 551-65418695-