ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Carboxylic acids and derivatives > Carboxylic acid esters and derivatives > PHENYL ACETATE
PHENYL ACETATE Chemical Properties
- Melting point:195-196℃
- Boiling point:196 °C(lit.)
- Density 1.073 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- vapor density 4.7
- refractive index n
- FEMA 3958 | PHENYL ACETATE
- Flash point:170 °F
- storage temp. Store below +30°C.
- solubility 4g/l practically insoluble
- form Liquid
- color Clear colorless to slightly brown
- Water Solubility Soluble in water (4 g/L at 20°C).
- Merck 14,7267
- JECFA Number734
- BRN 636458
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong acids, strong bases, strong reducing agents, strong oxidizing agents. Combustible.
- CAS DataBase Reference122-79-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemAcetic acid, phenyl ester (122-79-2)
PHENYL ACETATE Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiescolourless liquid
- Chemical PropertiesPhenylacetate, a product of phenylalanine metabolism. It is a small molecule normally present in the mammalian circulation in low concentrations. Phenylacetate has an offensive odor.
- UsesPhenyl Acetate is a metabolite of Phenylbutyrate (PB), useful in the treatment of neuroblastoma and lung cancer. An odorant found in strawberries, passion fruit and black tea.
- DefinitionChEBI: An acetate ester obtained by the formal condensation of phenol with acetic acid.
- General DescriptionA clear colorless liquid with a sweetish solvent odor. Specific gravity 1.073. Flash point 176°F. Boiling point 383-384°F. Difficult to ignite. Used as a laboratory reagent and in the production of some organic chemicals.
- Air & Water ReactionsSlightly soluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileAn ester. Esters react with acids to liberate heat along with alcohols and acids. Strong oxidizing acids may cause a vigorous reaction that is sufficiently exothermic to ignite the reaction products. Heat is also generated by the interaction of esters with caustic solutions. Flammable hydrogen is generated by mixing esters with alkali metals and hydrides.
- Health HazardInhalation or contact with material may irritate or burn skin and eyes. Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may cause pollution.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by ingestion. Mildly toxic by skin contact. A skin irritant. Combustible when exposed to heat, flame oroxidizers. To fight fire, use alcohol foam. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes.
- Purification MethodsPhenyl acetate acid is freed from phenol and acetic acid by washing (either directly or as a solution in pentane) with aqueous 5% Na2CO3, then with saturated aqueous CaCl2, drying with CaSO4 or Na2SO4, and fractionally distilling under reduced pressure. [Beilstein 6 II 153, 6 III 595, 6 IV 611.]
PHENYL ACETATE Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 4-Acetoxybenzoic acid 4-ACETOXYBENZALDEHYDE 1-Naphthyl acetate 2-Naphthyl acetate 7-NITRO-3,4-BENZOCOUMARIN 4-CYANOPHENYL 4-HEPTYLBENZOATE Phenyl benzoate 1-NAPHTHYL BUTYRATE 4-CYANOPHENYL 4-N-BUTYLBENZOATE Phenyl salicylate PHENYL 3-HYDROXY-2-NAPHTHOATE 6-NITRO-3,4-BENZOCOUMARIN DIPHENYL PHTHALATE Acetylsalicylic acid Vanillin acetate Estradiol benzoate 8-Methoxypsoralen 2-(Chlorocarbonyl)phenyl acetate
- Company Name:Yangzhou modier Electronic Materials Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390