ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Analytical Chemistry > Standard > Standard Substance > 4-Methyl-2-hexanamine hydrochloride
4-Methyl-2-hexanamine hydrochloride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:128.0 to 132.0 °C
- Flash point:9℃
- storage temp. room temp
- solubility H2O: soluble5mg/mL (clear solution)
- form powder
- color white to beige
- CAS DataBase Reference13803-74-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
4-Methyl-2-hexanamine hydrochloride Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Solid
- UsesMethylhexanamine (hydrochloride) is a simple aliphatic amine that was once marketed as a nasal decongestant (Forthane) but is now sold as a bodybuilding supplement (Floradrene, Geranamine). It is also sold as a mild stimulant in the form of party pills and has been reported to cause cerebral hemorrhage in a case report. While little is known about its mode of action, methylhexanamine interferes in immunoassays for amphetamines, presumably because of the common ethylamine structure. This compound is intended for forensic or research purposes.[Cayman Chemical]
- Uses1,3-Dimethylpentylamine is useful in compositions, for example as dietary supplements, and for appetite suppression.
- Company Name:NingBo Sialon Chem Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Hefei Topway Biotechnology Co.,Ltd Gold
- Tel:14755135869 0551-65326752
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390