Rosiglitazone maleate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:235-240°C
- storage temp. -20°C Freezer
- pka6.1; 6.8(at 25℃)
- form White powder
- CAS DataBase Reference155141-29-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
Rosiglitazone maleate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionRosiglitazone maleate, belongs to a novel class of thiazolidine diones launched for the treatment of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM), a disease characterized by a pancreatic β-cell defect and insulin resistance in the liver and peripheral tissues. The racemic base can be obtained by KnSvenagel condensation between 2, 4-thiazolidinedione and the corresponding 4-substituted benzaldehyde (itself prepared in 2 steps from 2-chloropyridine), followed by reduction of the benzylidene. Rosiglitazone was shown to be a potent agonist of peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-gamma (PPARgamma), a nuclear receptor involved in the differentiation of adipose tissue, without activating liver PPAR-alpha receptors. This activation of PPAR-gamma could mediate the down-regulation of leptin gene expression. In animal models, Rosiglitazone has been shown to normalize glucose metabolism and reduce the exogenous dose of insulin needed to achieve glycemic control. In patients with Type II diabetes, daily doses (4 or 8 mg) of Rosiglitazone significantly improved blood sugar control without affecting cardiac structure or function.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite To Off-White Solid
- OriginatorSmithKline Beecham (US)
- UsesInsulin sensitizer; binds to peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma (PPAR- γ).
- UsesThiazole alkanes antidiabetic drug
- UsesThiazolidinediones (TZDs) are a group of structurally related peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ (PPARγ) agonists with antidiabetic actions in vivo. Rosiglitazone is a prototypical TZD that has served as a reference compound for this class. It is a potent and selective PPARγ ligand that binds to the PPARγ ligand-binding domain with a Kd value of 43 nM. It activates luciferase-based expression constructs PPARγ1 and PPARγ2 with EC50 values of approximately 30 nM and 100 nM, respectively. Rosiglitazone is active in vivo as an antidiabetic agent in the ob/ob mouse model, and has been used as an oral hypoglycemic agent in the treatment of type 2 diabetes in humans for many years.[Cayman Chemical]
- IndicationsRosiglitazone maleate is an antihyperglycemic agent in the thiazolidinedione class. It is indicated for the treatment of patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- brand nameAvandia (GlaxoSmithKline).
- Rosiglitazone maleate Enalapril maleate Cinepazide maleate Benzyl isocyanate 2,4-Thiazolidinedione Ethoxyquin Ethoxyethyne Ethoxyamine hydrochloride Benzyl TRIS MALEATE Ethoxy Rosiglitazone Benzyl chloride Benzyl benzoate Benzyl alcohol DIETHOXYMETHANE Rosiglitazone hydrochloride Ethoxymethylenemalononitrile
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:TAIYUAN RHF CO.,LTD.
- Tel:+86 351 7031519
- Company Name:Secco work (Beijing) chemical technology co., LTD
- Company Name:Pure Chemistry Scientific Inc.
- Tel:001-857-928-2050 or 1-888-588-9418
- Company Name:Wuhan Wei Shunda Technology Development Co., Ltd.