ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Circulatory system drugs > Angina Pectoris Drugs > TIROFIBAN HYDROCHLORIDE MONOHYDRATE
TIROFIBAN HYDROCHLORIDE MONOHYDRATE
TIROFIBAN HYDROCHLORIDE MONOHYDRATE Chemical Properties
- CAS DataBase Reference142373-60-2
TIROFIBAN HYDROCHLORIDE MONOHYDRATE Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionTirofiban was launched as Aggrastat in Switzerland and the US for patients with unstable angina or non-Q-wave myocardial infarction to prevent cardiac ischemic events. Tirofiban is synthesized from (S)-tyrosine by a fourstep process. Tirofiban is a novel highly potent antiplatelet agent that inhibits the interaction of fibrinogen with GPⅡb/Ⅲa, an activated platelet membrane-bound glycoprotein complex. It prevents arterial thrombus formation in a dosedependent manner. Clinical efficacy was highly significant with an absolute and relative risk reduction. In these studies, treatment with tirofiban was well tolerated, without significant adverse effects.
- OriginatorSibutramine (Sibutramine)
- UsesAggrastat (Millot Laboratories, France).
- Manufacturing ProcessThe synthesis of tirofiban starts by reaction of tyrosine with bis-trimethylsilyl trifluoraceramide to give a derivative in which both functions -OH and COOH_x0002_are protected. Treatment of this intermediate with butylsulfonyl chloride gives the corresponding sulfonamide derivative; the quite labile silyl groups are then removed under mildly acidic conditions to give N-butylsulfonyl-tyrosine. In a parallel scheme, 4-picoline is converted to its anion by means of butyl lithium; this gives 4-(4-chlorobutyl)-pyridine on alkylation with 1-bromo-3- chloropropane. The reaction of this compound with N-butylsulfonyl-tyrosine in presence of NaOH gives the ether 2-butylsulfonyaminol-3-[4-pyridin-4-ylbutoxy-phenyl]propionic acid. Hydrogenation over palladium on charcoal then reduce the pyridine ring to a piperidine to afford the fibrinogen receptor antagonist tirofiban.
- brand nameTirofiban is INN and BAN.
- Therapeutic FunctionFibrinogen receptor antagonist
- tirofiban N-Butylsulfonyl-O-(4-(4-pyridinyl)butyl)-L-tyrosine 4-PYRIDIN-4-YL-BUTAN-1-OL 1-Butanesulfonic acid methyl ester 4-PYRIDIN-4-YL-BUTYRIC ACID Sodium 1-butanesulfonate 1-Methylethyl 1-butanesulfonate METHYL N-BUTYLSULFONYL-L-P-HYDROXYPHENYLALANINE tirofiban tirofiban 1-Butanesulfonyl chloride 4-(4-Piperidyl)-1-butanol L-N-BUTYLSULFONYL-P-HYDROXYPHENYLALANINE Tirofiban hydrochloride monohydrate 3-(4-(HEPTYLOXY)PHENYL)PROPANOIC ACID TIROFIBAN HYDROCHLORIDE MONOHYDRATE Tirofiban L-Tyrosine hydrochloride
TIROFIBAN HYDROCHLORIDE MONOHYDRATESupplierMore
- Company Name:Hangzhou Yuhao Chemical Technology Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Wuhan Fortuna Chemical Co., Ltd
- Tel:13308628970 027-59207852-
- Company Name:Beijing HuaMeiHuLiBiological Chemical
- Company Name:Clearsynth Labs Limited
- Company Name:Porse Fine Chemical Co.,LTD
- Tel:18666003216 18666003216