ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical pesticides > Insecticides > Organochlorine pesticides > Dimethomorph
Dimethomorph Chemical Properties
- Melting point:125-149°C
- vapor pressure 1 x 10-6 Pa (25 °C)
- storage temp. 0-6°C
- form neat
- Water Solubility 50 mg l-1 (20-23 °C)
- Merck 13,3248
- BRN 8794474
- EPA Substance Registry SystemDimethomorph (110488-70-5)
Dimethomorph Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionDimethomorph is a cinnamic acid derivative and a member of the morpholine chemical family. Dimethomorph is a mixture of E- and Z-isomers in the ratio of about 1:1 and only the Z-isomer has the fungicidal activity. It fungicidal activity works by the inhibition of sterol (ergosterol) synthesis.
Dimethomorph is a systemic fungicide to protect against various fungal pathogens in vines and other crops. Dimethomorph is used to against downy mildews, late blights, anthracnose, septoria leaf spot, crown rot, and root rot for curbubits, grapevines, head lettuce, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, and fruit including blackberries, raspberries, strawberries.
- References http://www.fao.org
- Chemical PropertiesOff-White Solid
- UsesDimethomorph is a systemic fungicide which exhibits protectant, curative and antisporulant activities. It is active against fungal diseases such as leaf blight, downy mildew, damping off and foot-rot caused by Phytophthora spp. in/on grapes, potatoes and tomatoes.
- UsesAgricultural fungicide.
- DefinitionChEBI: A mixture of (E)- and (Z)-dimethomorph in an unspecified ratio. It is used as a systemic fungicide used on vines, potatoes, and greenhouse crops; only the Z isomer has fungicidal activity.
- Agricultural UsesFungicide: A systemic fungicide that protects crops from mold. It also kills mold and prevents their spread; controls late blight on tomatoes; and is used as a wood preservative to control downey mildew.
- Trade nameACROBAT® WP; FORUM DC®, [manco- zeb + dimethomorph]; CME 151®; STATURE®
- Metabolic pathwayLimited data are available in the open literature. Information presented in this summary is abstracted from the data evaluation published by the Pesticide Safety Directorate (PSD, 1994). Dimethomorph is a (1:l) mixture of the E- and Z-isomers. The Z-isomer has been shown to have all the intrinsic biological activities. The isomerisation of the E- and Z-isomers was observed when resolved isomers were exposed to UV light. Dimethomorph undergoes extensive degradation and metabolism in soil, plants and animals. The major metabolic pathway is the O-demethylation of one of the phenolic methoxy moieties to the corresponding phenols and conjugates. Other metabolic reactions include the oxidation of one of the CH2 moieties of the morpholine ring and the cleavage/opening of the morpholine ring (Scheme 1).
- DegradationDimethomorph (1) is hydrolytically stable with no observable degradation
in pH 4-9 buffered solutions at 70-90 °C for up to 10 weeks.
Degradation occurred when dimethomorph in pH 5 buffer solution was irradiated under Hanau Suntest apparatus (<290 nm) at 25 °C. The calculated aqueous photolytic degradation half-life (DT50) was ca. 25-28 days of continuous irradiation, No sigruficant degradation product (>7% of the applied radioactivity) was identified.
Dimethomorph Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsMancozeb+Dimethomorph,W.P.
- Z-DIMETHOMORPH 500MG [R] Dimethomorph,water-dispersion granule Z-DIMETHOMORPH SOLUTION 100UG/ML IN METHANOL 1ML 1-(1-(4-CHLOROPHENYL)VINYL)BENZENE 4-(3,3-Diphenylallyl)morpholine hydrochloride 4-((E)-3-PHENYL-ALLYL)-MORPHOLINE Dimethomorph 4-Acryloylmorpholine Morpholine 1,1-Dimethoxyethane DIPHENYLCYCLOPROPENONE 4-Methoxyphenylacetone Chlorophenyl Moroxydine N-Formylmorpholine Dimethyldimethoxysilane morpholine Diphenyldimethoxysilane
- Company Name:Nanjing Lisheng Kanghe Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Wuhan plov Biotechnology Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Chemsky（shanghai）International Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:XiaoGan ShenYuan ChemPharm co,ltd
- Tel:15527768850 0712-2580635-