ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Alkanes > 4-Methylmorpholine
4-Methylmorpholine Chemical Properties
- Melting point:−66 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:115-116 °C750 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 0.92 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- vapor density >1 (vs air)
- vapor pressure 18 mm Hg ( 20 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:75 °F
- storage temp. Store at RT.
- pka7.38(at 25℃)
- form Liquid
- Specific Gravity0.920 (20/4℃)
- color Clear
- PH10.6 (50g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- explosive limit2.1%(V)
- Water Solubility >500 g/L (20 ºC)
- Merck 14,6277
- BRN 102719
- CAS DataBase Reference109-02-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceMorpholine, 4-methyl-(109-02-4)
- EPA Substance Registry System4-Methylmorpholine (109-02-4)
- Hazard Codes F,C
- Risk Statements 11-20/21/22-34-10-22
- Safety Statements 16-26-36/37/39-45-25
- RIDADR UN 2535 3/PG 2
- WGK Germany 1
- RTECS QE5775000
- F 10-23
- Autoignition Temperature165 °C DIN 51794
- TSCA Yes
- HazardClass 3
- PackingGroup II
- HS Code 29349990
- ToxicityLD50 orally in Rabbit: 1960 mg/kg LD50 dermal Rabbit 1240 mg/kg
4-Methylmorpholine Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesclear liquid
- UsesCatalyst in polyurethane foams, extraction sol-vent, stabilizing agent for chlorinated hydrocar-bons, self-polishing waxes, oil emulsions, corrosioninhibitors, pharmaceuticals.
- Synthesis Reference(s)Tetrahedron Letters, 36, p. 4881, 1995 DOI: 10.1016/0040-4039(95)00875-D
- General DescriptionA water-white liquid with an ammonia-like odor. Less dense than water and insoluble in water. Flash point 75°F. May be moderately toxic by ingestion, inhalation and skin absorption. Very irritating to skin, eyes, and mucous membranes. Used as a solvent and to make pharmaceuticals.
- Air & Water ReactionsHighly flammable. Insoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileAmines are chemical bases. They neutralize acids to form salts plus water. These acid-base reactions are exothermic. The amount of heat that is evolved per mole of amine in a neutralization is largely independent of the strength of the amine as a base. Amines may be incompatible with isocyanates, halogenated organics, peroxides, phenols (acidic), epoxides, anhydrides, and acid halides. Flammable gaseous hydrogen is generated by amines in combination with strong reducing agents, such as hydrides.
- HazardFlammable, dangerous fire risk. Skin irri-tant.
- Health HazardMay cause toxic effects if inhaled or ingested/swallowed. Contact with substance may cause severe burns to skin and eyes. Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may cause pollution.
- Fire HazardFlammable/combustible material. May be ignited by heat, sparks or flames. Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers. Runoff to sewer may create fire or explosion hazard. Containers may explode when heated. Many liquids are lighter than water.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by ingestion and skin contact. Mildly toxic by inhalation. An irritant to skin, eyes, and mucous membranes. Flammable when exposed to heat or flame, can react vigorously with oxidizing materials. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx.
- Purification MethodsDry it by refluxing with BaO or sodium, then fractionally distil it through a helices-packed column. The picrate has m 227o, the thiocyanate salt has m 103o (from butanone). [Hall J Phys Chem 60 63 1956, Beilstein 27 I 203, 27 III/IV 22.]
4-Methylmorpholine Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation Products1-Boc-4-(aminomethyl)piperidine3-Aminomethyl-1-N-Boc-piperidine3-AMINO-5-FLUOROPYRIDINEAzasetron hydrochlorideZafirlukastCefpiramide acidTENIDAP4-Methylmorpholine N-oxide monohydrateFosinopril4-(4,6-Dimethoxy-1,3,5-triazin-2-yl)-4-methyl morpholinium chlorideBenazeprilAlacepril1-Hydroxybenzotriazole hydrate
- Raw materialsAmmoniaFormaldehydeFormic acidMETHYLAMINE1-Oxa-4-azacyclohexaneDiethylene glycolGlyoxylic acid2,2'-Dichlorodiethyl ether
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD Gold
- Tel:400-620-6333 021-20337333-801
- Company Name:Shanghai Wohua Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:17302146015 021-57681602-802
- Company Name:Hefei TNJ Chemical Industry Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:15856988503 551-65418695-
- Company Name:Shanghai heller chemical technology co., ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Ningbo Hua Tuo Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:15267895909 0574-88237971