ETHIRIMOL Chemical Properties
- Melting point:159-160°
- Boiling point:348.66°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.2100
- vapor pressure 2.7 x 10-4 Pa at 25 °C
- refractive index 1.5700 (estimate)
- Water Solubility 253 mg l-1 (pH 5.2), 150 mg l-1 (pH 7.3), 153 mg l-1 (pH 9.3) at 20 °C
- form neat
- Merck 13,3776
- BRN 882476
- EPA Substance Registry SystemEthirimol (23947-60-6)
ETHIRIMOL Usage And Synthesis
- UsesEthirimol is a systemic fungicide with both protective and curative actions. It controls mainly powdery mildew (Erysiphe gmminis) on barley, wheat and oats. Ethirimol can be applied as a seed dressing, as a foliar spray or directly to the soil in the root zone.
- UsesEthirimol is a pyrimidine based fungicide with wide applications such as controlling leaf spot of sugar beet.
- DefinitionChEBI: An aminopyrimidine that is 2-ethylaminopyrimidin-4-one carrying butyl and methyl substituents at positions 5 and 6 respectively. A fungicide first marketed in 1970 and used as a seed treatment for diseaases such as damping-off, it is not licensed for use w thin the European Union.
- Metabolic pathwayEthirimol is susceptible to photodegradation and it also degrades extensively in soil to yield CO2 and unextractable soil-bound residues. Metabolism in plants and animals is extensive to yield up to 16 metabolites. Elimination in animals was rapid following oral dosing. Metabolism in soil, plants and animals follows common pathways which include N-dealkylation, hydroxylation of the butyl group and conjugation.
- DegradationEthirimol (1) is stable to hydrolytic degradation in buffered solutions at pH 5, 7 and 9 at 22°C. It degraded under aqueous photolysis test conditions with a half-life (DT50) of ca. 3 weeks. The primary photolytic degradation reactions include the opening of the pyrimidine ring to yield ethylguanidine (2), urea (3) and 4-butylpyrazolidine-3,5-dione (4) (Cavell et al., 1974c).
ETHIRIMOL Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsSodium methanolate
- 2-Pyrimidinamine, N-methyl- (9CI) 4-Hydroxy-6-methylpyrimidine 5-PROPYL-2-PYRIMIDINAMINE 5,6-DIMETHYL-PYRIMIDIN-4-OL 6-METHYL-5-PROPYL-4(1H)-PYRIMIDINONE CHEMBRDG-BB 9072033 ETHIRIMOL 5-ethylpyrimidin-4-ol 4(1H)-Pyrimidinone, 2-amino-5-ethyl- (9CI) 5-Butyl-6-methyl-4-pyrimidinol 2-AMINO-5,6-DIMETHYL-4-HYDROXYPYRIMIDINE 2-Pyrimidinamine, 5-methyl- (9CI) 2-AMINO-5-ETHYL-6-METHYLPYRIMIDIN-4-OL 2-Amino-6-methyl-4-pyrimidinol 5-ETHYL-2-PYRIMIDINAMINE 5-METHYLPYRIMIDIN-4-OL BUPIRIMATE 4(1H)-Pyrimidinone, 2-amino-5-methyl- (7CI,8CI,9CI)
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Syntechem Co.,Ltd
- Tel:Please Email
- Company Name:BEST-REAGENT
- Tel:18981987031 400-1166-196
- Company Name:Hangzhou Yuhao Chemical Technology Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Chengdu Ai Keda Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:4008-755-333 028-85911938-