ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Nervous system drugs > Other nervous system drugs > α-Ethyltryptamine
α-Ethyltryptamine Chemical Properties
- Melting point:97-99°
- Boiling point:313.29°C (rough estimate)
- Density 0.9520 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5600 (estimate)
- Water Solubility 0.51g/L(room temperature)
α-Ethyltryptamine Usage And Synthesis
- Usesα-Ethyltryptamine (E931900) is used as a stimulant and entactogen that have actions at multiple central nervous system (CNS) receptor sites.
- Manufacturing ProcessA mixture of 5 parts of 3-(2'-ethyl-2'-nitrovinyl)indole in 80 parts of ethanol
saturated with ammonia gas is shaken in an atmosphere of hydrogen at 100
atmospheres pressure and at 20°C in the presence of 1 part of a 5%
palladium on carbon catalyst until the theoretical amount of hydrogen is absorbed. The catalyst is removed by filtration. The ethanol and ammonia are then removed from the filtrate by distillation under reduced pressure. The residual oil is dissolved in 170 parts of dry ether, 50 parts of potassium hydroxide pellets are added and the solution is kept at 18°C to 22°C for 2 hours. The mixture is filtered and hydrogen chloride is passed into the filtrate to precipitate crude (α-ethyltryptamine hydrochloride. This is purified by crystallization from methanol/ethyl acetate and it then has a MP of 221°C.
- Therapeutic FunctionCentral stimulant
- 9,10-Dihydrolysergol S-(-)-LISURIDE Dihydroergotoxine mesylate SARPAGINE spegatrine L-TRP-GLY-GLY DIHYDROERGOTAMINE MESYLATE Pergolide mesylate salt MESULERGINE HYDROCHLORIDE AGROCLAVINE Dihydro α-Ergocryptine CHAETOGLOBOSINC DIHYDROERGOTAMINE TARTRATE S(+)-N,N-DIETHYL-N'([8ALPHA]-6-METHYLERGOLIN-8-YL)UREA etryptamine acetate METERGOLINE DIHYDROERGOCRISTINE MESYLATE CYCLOPIAZONIC ACID