ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical pesticides > Insecticides > Pyrethroid insecticides > RESMETHRIN
RESMETHRIN Chemical Properties
- Melting point:56.5℃
- Boiling point:bp >180° (dec)
- Density 0.96 g/cm3
- vapor pressure ﹤l×10-5 Pa (25 °C)
- refractive index 1.5287 (20℃)
- Flash point:closed cup: 264.2°F (129°C)
- storage temp. 0-6°C
- form neat
- Water Solubility 0.038 mg l-1 (25 °C)
- BRN 1626510
- EPA Substance Registry SystemResmethrin (10453-86-8)
RESMETHRIN Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesOff-white to tan waxy solid or colorless crys- tals. Chrysanthemum-like odor. Commercial products may be dissolved in flammable organic solvents
- UsesResmethrin is used to control a wide range of insects in horticultural, household, public health and animal health situations. It has some agricultural use but this is limited. The more active 1Rtrans form has a similar range of uses and is also used in stored grain products.
- General DescriptionColorless crystals or waxy solid. Insoluble in water. Used as an insecticide.
- Air & Water ReactionsInsoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileA pyrethroid derivative.
- Agricultural UsesInsecticide: Resmethrin is currently used for mosquito control (by aerial application) in the USA, and may can also be used in greenhoused to control white fly. Resmethrin is a synthetic Type I pyrethroid insecticide registered for control of insects in residential, commercial and industrial settings, and in animal living areas. Resmethrin is also registered for use in food-handling establishments and as a restricted use pesticide when used in ULV spray to control adult mosquitoes in the interest of public health. Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) when formulated for use in mosquito abatement and pest control treatments at nonagricultural sites. Restricted due to extreme fish toxicity. Not approved for use in EU countries.
- Trade name(d-trans-isomer); SBP® 1382 (d-trans-isomer); d-transSBP® 1382 (d-trans-isomer); SBP®-1390; S. B. PENICK 1382®; SCOURGE®; SUN-BUGGER®; SYNTHRIN®; SYNTOX®; VECTRIN®; WHITMIRE® PT-110
- Safety ProfilePoison by ingestion, andintravenous routes. Moderately toxic by inhalation andskin contact. When heated to decomposition it emits acridand irritating fumes.
- Potential ExposureResmethrin is pyrethroid insecticide used for mosquito control (by aerial application) in the USA, and may can also be used in greenhouses to control white fly. Resmethrin is a synthetic Type I pyrethroid insecticide registered for control of insects in residential, commercial, and industrial settings, and in animal living areas. It is also registered for use in food handling estab- lishments and as a restricted use pesticide when used in ULV spray to control adult mosquitoes in the interest of public health . A United States Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) when formulated for use in mosquito abatement and pest control treatments at nonagricultural sites. Restricted due to extreme fish toxicity.
- Metabolic pathway14C-resmethrin are individually administered orally to white leghorn hens, and more than 90% of the radioactivity is eliminated in the excreta within 24 h of treatment. The metabolic routes for both resmethrin isomers arise from ester hydrolysis and oxidation of the hydrolytic products. Some of these metabolites are further conjugated with glucuronic acid, sulfate, or other unidentified compounds before excretion.
- ShippingUN3352 Pyrethroid pesticide, liquid toxic, Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous materials. UN3349 Pyrethroid pesticide, solid toxic, Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous material
- DegradationThe resmethrins are reasonably stable but they are sensitive to base
hydrolysis forming the chrysanthemic acid isomers (2) and 5-benzyl-3-
furylmethanol (3). They are also sensitive to oxidation and to photodecomposition.
Photo-oxidation involves degradation of the furan ring
to yield a cyclic ozonide peroxide by addition of oxygen across the unsaturated
system forming the hydroxylactone derivative (4), the benzyloxylactone
derivative (5) and the hydroxycyclopentenolone (6) (Ueda
et al., 1974). These chemical and photochemical reactions are shown in
Degradation also occurs in the acid moiety by reactions analogous to those described under phenothrin, for example, oxidation at the isobutylene substituent to afford a variety of alcohols, aldehydes and carboxylic acids. These two sites of weakness in the resmethrin molecule result in considerable photo-instability (though they are more stable than the pyrethrins) and to a complex mixture of degradation products.
- IncompatibilitiesDecomposed by air, light, alkaline media, and temperatures .175℃. May react violently with strong oxidizers, bromine, 90% hydrogen peroxide, phos- phorus trichloride, silver powders or dust. Incompatible with silver compounds. Mixture with some silver compounds forms explosive salts of silver oxalate.
- Waste DisposalIncineration would be an effective disposal procedure where permitted. If an efficient incinerator is not available, the product should be mixed with large amounts of combustible material and contact with the smoke should be avoided. In accordance with 40CFR165. Follow recommendations for the disposal of pesticides and pesticide containers . Bury in noncrop land away from water. It would be better to mix the prod- uct with lime. Incineration would be an effective disposal procedure where permitted. If an efficient incinerator is not available, the product should be mixed with large amount of combustible material. Recommendable methods: Hydrolysis, landfill, incineration, and open burning. Not recommendable method: Discharge to sewer. Mix with saw- dust and burn at a remote place .
- 2-Ethylfuran 2,2-DIMETHYL-3-(2-METHYLPROP-1-ENYL)CYCLOPROPANECARBOXYLIC ACID 2,2-DIMETHYL CYCLOPROPYL CARBOXYLIC ACID CHRYSANTHEMYL ALCOHOL METHYL TERT-BUTYLACETATE 3,3-Dimethylbutyric acid d-trans-resmethrin (esa),(1r)-trans-resmethri Ethyl 2-methyl-4-pentenoate RESMETHRIN ALCOHOL METABOLITE 3-FURANMETHANOL VINYLCYCLOPROPANE 2,5-DIMETHYL-HEX-4-ENOIC ACID 2-METHYLCYCLOPROPANECARBOXYLIC ACID Ethyl cyclopropanecarboxylate Methyl cyclopropane carboxylate ETHYL 2-METHYLCYCLOPROPANE-1-CARBOXYLATE 5-METHYL-4-HEXENOIC ACID ETHYL TERT-BUTYLACETATE
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:BEST-REAGENT
- Tel:18981987031 400-1166-196
- Company Name:Chengdu Ai Keda Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:4008-755-333 028-85911938-
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD
- Company Name:Nanjing Sunlida Biological Technology Co., Ltd.