ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Urinary System Drugs > Diuretics Drugs > 3-(PHENYLAZO)-2,6-PYRIDINEDIAMINE
3-(PHENYLAZO)-2,6-PYRIDINEDIAMINE Chemical Properties
- Melting point:136-137°
- Boiling point:343.23°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.2597 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.6880 (estimate)
- pkapKa 5.15(H2O,t =25) (Uncertain)
- color Red crystals
- Water Solubility 904.20g/L(25 ºC)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPhenazopyridine (94-78-0)
- ToxicityLD50 ipr-rat: 560 mg/kg JPETAB 51,200,34
3-(PHENYLAZO)-2,6-PYRIDINEDIAMINE Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesPhenazopyridine is a red crystalline compound. Slightly soluble in water.
- UsesAn azo dye used in treatment of urinary tract infections. 3-(Phenylazo)-2,6-pyridinediamine is used as an analgesic (urinary tract).
- DefinitionChEBI: A diaminopyridine that is 2,6-diaminopyridine substituted at position 3 by a phenylazo group. A local anesthetic that has topical analgesic effect on mucosa lining of the urinary tract. Its use is limited by problems with toxicity (primarily blood disorder ) and potential carcinogenicity.
- brand namePyridium (Parke-Davis);Azo gantrisin;Azodine;Phenazo;Pyridiate;Pyronium;Sedural.
- World Health Organization (WHO)Phenazopyridine, an azo dye, was introduced in the 1950s as a urinary antiseptic. It was withdrawn in Greece in 1984 on grounds that it has a carcinogenic potential but it remains available in other countries, most frequently as a constituent of combination products.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by intraperitoneal route. Questionable carcinogen with experimental neoplastigenic data. Used as a local anesthetic. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx.
- ShippingUN2811 Toxic solids, organic, n.o.s., Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous materials, Technical Name Required. UN3249 Medicine, solid, toxic, n.o.s., Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous materials.
- IncompatibilitiesIncompatible with oxidizers (chlorates, nitrates, peroxides, permanganates, perchlorates, chlorine, bromine, fluorine, etc.); contact may cause fires or explosions. Keep away from alkaline materials, strong bases, strong acids, oxoacids, epoxides.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Chemsky (shanghai) International Co.,Ltd
- Company Name:Syntechem Co.,Ltd
- Tel:Please Email
- Company Name:Hangzhou Yuhao Chemical Technology Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Shanghai Hekang Biotechnology Co., Ltd.