Basic information Description Drug Instructions Side effects of dipyrone Uses Hazards & Safety Information References Safety Related Supplier
Dipyrone Chemical Properties
- Density 1.388 g/cm3
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- color Minute crystals
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference68-89-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceDipyrone(68-89-3)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemMethanesulfonic acid, 1-[(2,3-dihydro-1,5-dimethyl-3-oxo-2-phenyl-1H-pyrazol-4-yl)methylamino]-, sodium salt (1:1) (68-89-3)
Dipyrone Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionDipyrone is a water soluble pyrazolone derivative available in oral, rectal and injectable forms. It has analgesic, antipyretic, antispasmodic, and anti-inflammatory properties. Dipyrone is used most commonly to treat severe pain, particularly, for pain associated with smooth muscle spasm or colic affecting the gastrointestinal, biliary or urinary tracts. It is useful for fever that is refractory to other treatment. Because of the risk of serious adverse effects, such as agranulocytosis, its use is justified only in serious situations where no alternative is available or suitable.
- Drug InstructionsAlias: dipyrone, NOVALGIN; Noramidopyrine, Metamizole sodium,metamizole
Property: This product is white or yellow-white crystal or crystalline powder, odorless, slightly bitter taste, soluble in water.
Action: Dipyrone is the derivative of aminopyrine, its has a significant effect of antipyretic analgesia. The antipyretic effect of it is three times as aminopyrine, the analgesic effect is similar to that of aminopyrine.
Process vivo: Easily absorbed orally, mainly metabolized by the liver and excreted of renal
Indications: It is mainly used for cooling, acute arthritis, headache, rheumatic neuralgia, toothache and muscle pain etc.
Oral or intranasal administration. For oral, the adult should take 0.5g of the medicine and three times a day, the amount of the child is 8-10mg/ kg, the number of the times is according to the necessary. For intranasal, the child under 5 years old can take 1-2drops for each nostril, can take the medicine another time if necessary,for the patient above 5 years old increase the dosage appropriately.
1, The dosage should be controled strictly to prevent collapse.
2, The intramuscular injection can cause atrophy and erosion to the local muscle, it is abandoned now.
3, The patient who has a allergy to the praziquantel can not use the dipyrone
4, It not suitable for a long-term application, Please pay attention to the granulocytes.
Tablets:each table is weight for 0.25g or 0.5g; Injection: each ingection has the specification of 0.25g/1ml or 0.5g/2ml; Drops: solution with the concentration of 10%~20%
- Side effects of dipyrone1, The side effects contain the allergies, exhaustion, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia even the severe aplastic anemia.
2, Some people may also suffering the nephrotoxicity and gastrointestinal bleeding after they take the dipyrone.The most serious side effect is lethal agranulocytosis.
- UsesIt has the effect of detoxification, analgesic and anti-rheumatic etc and mainly used for cooling, but also can be applied to cure the acute arthritis, rheumatic pain, muscle pain and headache etc.
- Hazards & Safety InformationCategory
For oral – the lethal dose for rat LD50: 3000 mg/kg;
For oral – the lethal dose for mouse LD50: 2891 mg/kg
Flammability hazard characteristic
It is combustible and can produce the toxic fumes contained nitrogen oxides, sulfur oxides and sodium oxide during the combustion
The storeroom should be airy, low-temperature and dried.
Dry powder, foam, sand, carbon dioxide, water mist
- References Micha Levy, Ester Zylber-Katz and Bernd Rosenkranz, Clinical Pharmacokinetics of Dipyrone and its Metabolites, Clinical Pharmacokinetics, 1995, vol. 28, 216-234
 JE Edwards, F. Meseguer, CC Faura, RA Moore and HJ McQuay, Single-dose dipyrone for acute postoperative pain, Cochrane Database Syst Rev., 2010, vol. 9, CD003227
- Chemical Propertiessolid
- UsesA non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that, when coadministered with morphine, potentiates its antinociceptive action and delays the development of tolerance. Dipyrone is a relatively selective inhibitor of cyclooxygenase-3 (COX-3), with lower activity against COX-1 and no activity against COX-2. Blocks PGE2-induced hyperalgesia in several models.
- UsesDipyrone is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that, when coadministered with morphine, potentiates its antinociceptive action and delays the development of tolerance. Dipyrone is a relatively sel ective inhibitor of cyclooxygenase-3 (COX-3), with lower activity against COX-1 and no activity against COX-2. Dipyrone blocks PGE2-induced hyperalgesia in several models.
- DefinitionChEBI: An organic sodium salt of antipyrine substituted at C-4 by a methyl(sulfonatomethyl)amino group, commonly used as a powerful analgesic and antipyretic.
- brand nameDiprofarn (Farmitalia, Societa Farmaceutici Italia, Italy); Novaldin (Sterling Winthrop);Abalgine;Acabel compositum;Acefalgin;Acrobal;Acrogesico;Adolkin;Algia-nil;Alginodia compose;Algisedal;Algobuscopan;Algopriv;Algopyriv;Alkozin;Amiglan;Aminocid;Amitralil;Ampi tumisan;Anadex;Analcedor;Analject;Anarinyl;Anchrina;Anespas cpto;Angiter;Ankaljin;An-t;Apasmo;Arantil;Arquidon;Artritex;Ascorbalgine;Ascortin;Aseptobron;Atecilina;Atn-020/2;Avafortan;Ayoral;Bayer 1387;Bebealjin;Bebigut;Belatropin;Belflex/2;Beneurin;Bexopirona;Biogamma2;Biotangin;Bipasmin compuesto;Bort;Bristacilia;Britercina;Bromalgin;Bromalgon;Broncofenil;Broncolysin;Bucarboxal;Buscapina comp.;Buscapina compuesto;Buscapina compuestum;Buscol compositum;Buscopan composto;Buscopan compostum;Buscopina compostum;Butalgine;Butylpan;Calgayan-c;Calmetron;Camizol;Causalon;Cessantyl;Chini-med;Cintaverin compuesto;Clizim;Clofexan;Codalgin;Codasal injetavel;Colgenol;Comaril 5000;Corilin pediatric;Cortempirol;Cortitracin;Cronopen balsamico;Deltricin;Devalgin;Dexa butarin;Di-bal-rone;Dimethedon;Dinopirina;Dioxadol;Dipirona;Diprofarm;Dipyrivo;Dispalgine;Divarin;Divarmin;Do-ba-rone;Dolatets;Dolazon;Dolemicin;Dolispasmo;Dolo adamon;Dolo baralgine;Dolo buscopan;Dolo nerv;Dolo neurobion forte;Dolo pangavit;Dolo raptalgin;Dolo spasuret;Dolojudolor;Dolo-neurobion;Dolopirina;Doloscopin;Dopiral;Dorflex merrell;Dorlisin;Doron;Dorscopena;D-pron;Dumalgin;Duralnordin;Dya-tran;Edgartet;Eespanal;Enzipan combinado;Espasfher;Espasmir;Espasmo-cibalgina;Espasmoqual;Espasmotex;Espasmoviral;Espyre;Farbinol;Flogolisin;G.r. ulix compuesto;Genservet;Gentil;Geralgine;Glutisal;Greplicina belsa;H 116;H 117;H 118;Hagalgin;Hasain;Indextron;Influbene;Kb-502;Kefren;Kesan;Killgrip;Kipyrone;Kitax alpha;Kitax n;Konitan;Labymetacincpo;Lactmicina;Lagalgine;Lamprcsnum;Lapalgine;Larq 731;Lasain;Lavaciclina;Levapa;Levismon;Lisalgil;Magdor;Magnalsa;Magnemidon;Mapir;Mecoten;Megal;Melpen;Menalgine;Mialgan;Minalgine;Minoval;Miocitalgan;Nadalgine;Naftalgin;Naltrium;Napasone;Nartate;Natralgin;Natric;Neo-melubrim;Neo-melubrina;Neo-melubrine;Neo-oxipen;Neosal-n;Neosoldina;Neuro-fortamin;Nisidina;Nlo conicilina balsamica;Nobelgin;Nolotil composirum;Notermin;Novacid;Novalcina;Novalgetol;Novalgin quinine;Novalgina;Novalgine;Nova-lyseen;Novamidazofen;Novamidazophen;Novamideazophene;Novaminophenazone;Novaminsulfon ratiopharm;Novaminsulfone sodium;Novaminsulfonium;Novaminsulfonum;Novaminsulton;Novazolon dexametasona;Noveltex;Novemida;Novemina;Novil;Oftlamin;Orphalginen;Ortopirona;Oxiquiunazine;Pabron gold;Panalvon;Patalgin;Pentrodin;Phanalgin;Pharmalgine;Porbiot;Pplan 2500;Probaphen;Prodol;Prydonnal;Pydirone;Pyralgine;Pyrilgin;Pyriligin;Pyrisan;Quarelin;Reflex rectal;Relexal compuesto;Repriman;Resquim;Rheuma-spalt;Ridol;Rumalisine;Rupalgin;Santeprednisan a;Sebon;Sedabel;Sedarel;Sedarene;Sedazepane;Selpiran;Sertalanalgesico;Severen;Sinalgex;Sintaverin;Sinvirol;Spasdolsom;Spaslar;Spasmalgon;Spasmium-comp.;Spasmizol;Spasmodor;Spasmopyralgin;Spasmothil;Sufonovin;Sulfonovin;Supadol;Supergine;Surpyrine;Tanper;Tapal;Tega-pyrone;Tempil;Tepal;Termonil;Tetrabal-hosbon;Tetraspasmil;Tiadexol;Tiartan;Toloxin andromaco;Trenteron;Triartan;Trinalgen.
- World Health Organization (WHO)Metamizole sodium, a pyrazolone derivative with analgesic, antipyretic and antinflammatory activity, was introduced in 1921 and has since been widely available in over-the-counter products. By the early 1970s its use had been associated, as with some other pyrazolones, with serious and sometimes fatal adverse reactions, notably cases of blood dyscrasias including agranulocytosis, which led to its withdrawal by some regulatory authorities. Although preparations of metamirole sodium are prohibited in certain countries, they remain widely available in others and, in some cases, in over-the-counter products.
- Safety ProfilePoison by subcutaneous route. Moderately toxic by several other routes. An experimental teratogen. Other experimental reproductive effects. Human mutation data reported. Questionable carcinogen with experimental neoplastigenic data. See also SULFONATES. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of NOx,, Na2O, and SOx,.
Dipyrone Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsSodium bisulfite
- Company Name:- Gold
- Tel:13227736008 029-81629930-
- Products Intro:Product Name:Metamizole Sodium Tablets
- Company Name:wuhan dingxingtong Chemical Technology Co., Ltd Co., Ltd Gold
- Products Intro:Product Name:Analgin
- Company Name:Hubei huizepu Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:18507139096 0185-07139096-
- Products Intro:Product Name:Analgin
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Products Intro:Product Name:Dipyrone
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Products Intro:Product Name:Analgin
Purity:98% HPLC Package:1g;5g;25g;100g