Tazobactam acid Chemical Properties
- Melting point:115-145℃
- Boiling point:77℃
- Density 1.92±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- RTECS XI0191400
- Flash point:>110°(230°F)
- storage temp. Sealed in dry,Store in freezer, under -20°C
- form neat
- Water Solubility Soluble in water
- CAS DataBase Reference89786-04-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
Tazobactam acid Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionTazobactam often is coadministered with piperacillin because of tazobactam's ability to inhibit β-lactamases. T azobactam, like other β-lactamase inhibitors, has little or no antibacterial activity. This effect is analogous to that of clavulanic acid and sulbactam.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite or off-white powder
- OriginatorCL-307579,China Pharm Chemical Co.,,China
- Usesb-lactamase inhibitor
- DefinitionChEBI: A member of the class of penicillanic acids that is sulbactam in which one of the exocyclic methyl hydrogens is replaced by a 1,2,3-triazol-1-yl group; used (in the form of its sodium salt) in combination with ceftolozane sulfate for treatment of complicat d intra-abdominal infections and complicated urinary tract infections.
- Manufacturing ProcessA known β-lactam type antibiotic (for example, benzhydryl 2-β-chloromethyl-
2-α-methylpenam-3-α-carboxylate) was used for synthesis of new penicillinic
A solution of 5.00 g of sodium azide in 53 ml of water was added to a solution of benzhydryl 2-β-chloromethyl-2-α-methylpenam-3-α-carboxylate (5.13 g) in dimethylformamide (155 ml). The mixture was stirred at room temperature for 4 h. The resulting reaction mixture was poured into cooled water and the mixture was extracted with ethyl acetate. The ethyl acetate layer was washed with water, dried over magnesium sulfate and concentrated to provide 4.87 g of the benzhydryl 2-β-azidomethyl-2-α-methylpenam-3-α-carboxylate as oil in 93% yield.
To a solution of benzhydryl 2-β-azidomethyl-2-α-methylpenam-3-α- carboxylate (7.03 g) in a mixture of acetic acid (240 ml) and water (40 ml) was added potassium permanganate (6.02 g) over a period of more than 1 h. The mixture was stirred at room temperature for 2.5 h. The resulting reaction mixture was diluted with ice water. The precipitate was collected by filtration, and washed with water. The resulting product was dissolved in ethyl acetate and the solution was washed with an aqueous solution of sodium hydrogen carbonate and dried over magnesium sulfate. Concentration gave 5.48 g of the benzhydryl 2-β-azidomethyl-2-α-methylpenam-3-α-carboxylate-1,1-dioxide in 72% yield.
A 200 mg quantity of benzhydryl 2-β-azidomethyl-2-α-methylpenam-3-α- carboxylate-1,1-dioxide was reacted with 10 ml of vinyl acetate in a sealed reactor at 100° to 110°C for 30 h. The reaction mixture was concentrated at reduced pressure. The residue was crystallized with cooled chloroform. The white crystals of benzhydryl 2-α-methyl-2-β-(1,2,3-triazol-1-yl)methylpenam- 3-α-carboxylate-1,1-dioxide have a melting point 206°-208°C, dec.
Hydrogenation was conducted in 10 ml of ethyl acetate and 10 ml of water at room temperature for 30 min by using 45 mg of benzhydryl 2-α-methyl-2-β- (1,2,3-triazol-1-yl)methylpenam-3-α-carboxylate-1,1-dioxide, 15 mg of 10% palladium charcoal and 16 mg of sodium hydrogen carbonate. The aqueous layer was separated from the reaction mixture and washed once with ethyl acetate. The aqueous solution was then purified with an MCl gel, CHP-20P (product of Mitsubishi Kasei Co., Ltd., Japan). After freeze-drying, there was obtained an amorphous product of sodium 2-α-methyl-2-β-(1,2,3-triazol-1- yl)methylpenam-3-α-carboxylate-1,1-dioxide with a melting point 170°C, dec.
- Therapeutic FunctionAntibiotic
- Antimicrobial activityTazobactam exhibits little useful antimicrobial activity, although weak activity against Acinetobacter spp. and Borrelia burgdorferi has been reported.
- Clinical UseTazobactam is a penicillanic acid sulfone that is similar instructure to sulbactam. It is a more potent β-lactamaseinhibitor than sulbactam and has a slightly broader spectrumof activity than clavulanic acid. It has very weak antibacterialactivity. Tazobactam is available in fixed-dose, injectablecombinations with piperacillin, a broad-spectrum penicillinconsisting of an 8:1 ratio of piperacillin sodium to tazobactamsodium by weight and marketed under the trade name Zosyn.The pharmacokinetics of the two drugs are very similar. Bothhave short half-lives (t1/2 ～1 hour), are minimally proteinbound, experience very little metabolism, and are excreted inactive forms in the urine in high concentrations.
Approved indications for the piperacillin–tazobactamcombination include the treatment of appendicitis, postpartumendometritis, and pelvic inflammatory disease caused byβ-lactamase–producing E. coli and Bacteroides spp., skin andskin structure infections caused by β-lactamase–producingS. aureus, and pneumonia caused by β-lactamase–producingstrains of H. influenzae.
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsAlthough veterinary experience is limited with piperacillin or piperacillin/ tazobactam, these drugs have expanded coverage against many bacteria and may be suitable for empiric use until culture and susceptibility data are available, or for surgical prophylaxis when gram-negative or mixed aerobic/anaerobic infections are concerns.
Tazobactam acid Preparation Products And Raw materials
- TAZOBACTAM SODIUM,TAZOBACTAM SODIUM SALT Tazobactam Diphenylmethyl Ester BENZHYDRYL 6,6-DIHYDROPENICILLIC ACID 1-OXIDE[TAZOBACTAM INTERMEDIATE] Benzophenone hydrazone Tazobactam Acid Impurity 16 Tazobactam Impurity B Tazobactam Impurity 5 Tazobactam Acid Impurity 14 Tazobactam Acid Impurity 12 (2S,5R)-3α-Chloromethyl-3-methyl-7-oxo-4-thia-1-azabicyclo[3.2.0]heptane-2β-carboxylic acid benzhydryl ester 4-Thia-1-azabicyclo[3.2.0]heptane-2-carboxylic acid, 6-bromo-3,3-dimethyl-7-oxo-, diphenylmethyl ester, 4-oxide, (2S,5R,6S)- tazobactam [2S-(2alpha,5alpha,6alpha)]-6-bromo-3,3-dimethyl-7-oxo-4-thia-1-azabicyclo[3.2.0]heptane-2-carboxylic acid 4-Thia-1-azabicyclo[3.2.0]heptane-2-carboxylic acid, 3-(chloromethyl)-3-methyl-7-oxo-, [2S-(2α,3β,5α)]- (9CI) Tazobactam Impurity 2 Phenol, 2-(diphenylmethyl)-5-methyl- Tazobactam Acid Impurity 17 2-aMino-3-Methyl-3-sulfino-4-(1H-1,2,3-triazol-1-yl)butyric acid
- Company Name:Nanjing Jinhao Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Beijing Mediking Biopharm Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:15901403431 010-81769521
- Company Name:Changzhou Red Sun Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13766960291 0519-85223897-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:TAIYUAN RHF CO.,LTD.
- Tel:+86 351 7031519