ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Hydrocarbons and derivatives > Hydrocarbon nitrification > m-Nitrobenzoyl chloride
m-Nitrobenzoyl chloride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:31-34 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:275-278 °C(lit.)
- Density 1.42
- refractive index 1.5810 (estimate)
- Flash point:>230 °F
- form Low Melting Solid
- color Brown
- Specific Gravity1.59
- Water Solubility decomposes
- Sensitive Moisture Sensitive
- BRN 777186
- CAS DataBase Reference121-90-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceBenzoyl chloride, 3-nitro-(121-90-4)
- EPA Substance Registry Systemm-Nitrobenzoyl chloride (121-90-4)
m-Nitrobenzoyl chloride Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesBROWN LOW MELTING SOLID
- UsesManufacture of dyes for fabrics and color photography, intermediate in preparation of pharmaceuticals.
- General DescriptionYellow to brown liquid. Unstable at room temperatures; requires refrigeration when not in use.
- Air & Water ReactionsMay be unstable to prolonged exposure to air. Decomposes in water and alcohol. .
- Reactivity Profilem-Nitrobenzoyl chloride is incompatible with bases (including amines), with strong oxidizing agents, and with alcohols. May react with reducing agents. May react vigorously or explosively if mixed with diisopropyl ether or other ethers in the presence of trace amounts of metal salts [J. Haz. Mat., 1981, 4, 291].
- HazardToxic by ingestion.
- Health HazardACUTE/CHRONIC HAZARDS: m-Nitrobenzoyl chloride is unstable at room temperature or when exposed to sources of ignition. When heated to decomposition it emits highly toxic fumes. It will react with water or steam to produce toxic and corrosive fumes.
- Fire Hazardm-Nitrobenzoyl chloride is combustible.
m-Nitrobenzoyl chloride Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Polyvinyl chloride O-NITROBENZOYL CHLORIDE,2-NITROBENZOYL CHLORIDE P-NITROBENZOYL CHLORIDE,Nitrobenzoyl chloride, 4-,4-NITROBENZOYL CHLORIDE o-Toluoyl chloride 2,3,4,5-Tetrafluorobenzoyl chloride Ammonium chloride Potassium chloride 3-Nitrobenzenesulfonyl chloride Choline chloride Methylene Chloride 3,5-Dinitrobenzoyl chloride 3-METHOXYBENZOYL CHLORIDE Sodium chloride 4-Chlorobenzoyl chloride Benzoyl chloride alpha,alpha,alpha-Trifluoro-o-toluoyl chloride p-Toluoyl chloride CHLORIDE STANDARD