ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Circulatory system drugs > Anti-Congestive Heart Failure drugs > G-STROPHANTHIN
G-STROPHANTHIN Chemical Properties
- Melting point:200°C
- Boiling point:561.69°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.1941 (rough estimate)
- refractive index -32 ° (C=1, H2O)
- storage temp. Desiccate at -20°C
- solubility H2O: 10 mg/mL cold
- form powder
- color white
- Water Solubility 13g/L(25 ºC)
- Merck 6901
- EPA Substance Registry SystemOuabain (630-60-4)
G-STROPHANTHIN Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesOuabain is a white crystalline solid.
- General DescriptionOdorless, white crystals or crystalline powder as an octahydrate. Used to produce rapid digitalization in acute congestive heart failure. Also recommended in treatment of atrial or nodal paroxysmal tachycardia and atrial flutter.
- Reactivity ProfileWhen heated to decomposition, G-STROPHANTHIN emits acrid smoke and fumes. Hydrolysis yields one mole ouabagenin and one mole rhamnose. Stable in air, but affected by light (G-STROPHANTHIN octahydrate) [EPA, 1998].
- Health HazardG-STROPHANTHIN is classified as extremely toxic. Probable oral lethal dose in humans is less than 5 mg/kg or a taste (less than 7 drops) for 70 kg (150-lb.) person. Exposure may result in respiratory and cardiac failure, and/or hyperalkemia. Patients with frequent premature ventricular heart beats or who have received any preparation of digitalis during preceding three weeks are prone to toxicity.
- Fire HazardWhen heated to decomposition, G-STROPHANTHIN emits acrid smoke and fumes. Hydrolysis yields one mole ouabagenin and one mole rhamnose. Stable in air, but affected by light (G-STROPHANTHIN octahydrate)
- Biological ActivitySelective Na + , K + -ATPase inhibitor.
- Safety ProfilePoison by ingestion, intramuscular, intraperitoneal, intravenous, subcutaneous, and parented routes. Moderately toxic by intraduodenal route. A cardac stimulant. Mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes
- Potential ExposureOuabain, similar to digitoxin, is used to produce rapid digitalization in acute congestive heart failure. Also recommended in treatment of atrial or nodal paroxysmal tachycardia and atrial flutter; enzyme inhibitor.
- ShippingUN1544 Alkaloids, solid, n.o.s., Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous materials.
- Purification MethodsIt crystallises from water as the octahydrate. Dry it at 130o. It decomposes at 190o when dry. Store it in the dark as it is light sensitive, but it is stable in air. Its solubility (g/100mL) in H2O is 1.3 (~25o), 20 (~100o), and in EtOH it is 1.0 (~25o) and 12.5 (~78o). It is highly TOXIC as it is an inhibitor of cation transport and of Na+ and K+ ATPase. [Beilstein 18/5 V 625.]
- IncompatibilitiesIncompatible with oxidizers (chlorates, nitrates, peroxides, permanganates, perchlorates, chlorine, bromine, fluorine, etc.).
- STROPHANTHIN 3ALPHA-1-RHAMNOSIDE OUABAIN OCTAHYDRATE DIHYDRO-G-STROPHANTHIN G-STROPHANTHIN OUABAGENIN K-strophanthin variable mixture D-Strophanthin technetium Tc 99m K-strophanthin-beta STROPHANTHIN, g-(RG) K-STROPHANTHIN,STROPHANTHIN K,kombe-strophanthi STROPHANTHIDIN K-STROPHANTHIN STANDARDIZED MIXTURE STROPHANTHIN,K-strophanthin-beta K-STROPHANTHIN-A,STROPHANTHIN K,K STROPHANTHIN,K-STROPHANTHIN-ALPHA 9-ANTHROYL OUABAIN BODIPY(R) FL OUABAIN OUABAIN [3H(G)]
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:LGM Pharma
- Company Name:Beijing HuaMeiHuLiBiological Chemical
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD
- Tel:400-620-6333 021-20337333-801