CYMARIN Chemical Properties
- Melting point:148°C
- alpha D20 +39.2° (methanol); D22 +39.0° (c = 1.7 in chloroform)
- Boiling point:540.83°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.1277 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5500 (estimate)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- BRN 101370
CYMARIN Usage And Synthesis
- UsesCymarin is a pure allelochemicals that is a potent growth inhibitor in plants.
- Manufacturing ProcessFinely ground seeds of Castilloa elastica (3550 g) are percolated with
sufficient light petroleum (boiling point 60°-80°C) to ensure removal of all the
fat. The mart is dried with a current of air and percolated with chloroform
until no further color is obtained with alkaline m-dinitrobenzene. The percolate
is evaporated under reduced pressure, the residue triturated with dry ether
(750 ml) and filtered. The residue (69.75 g) is washed with dry ether, dried,
and some of the washed residue (20 g) is dissolved in a benzene-chloroform
mixture (50 ml), comprising one part benzene to two parts chloroform by
volume, and is absorbed on to a column of alumina (7x32 cm), previously
deactivated with 10% acetic acid [hereinafter referred to as Column (l)] and
eluted with the same solvent mixture.
The compositions of the following fractions (collected from Column (I)) are identified by paper chromatography using Whatman No. 1 paper [Registered Trade Mark] and the aforementioned benzene-chloroform mixture.
Column (I). Fraction: (a) a pigment; (b) a substance of Rf 0.66; (c) a small quantity of a substance of Rf 0.66 and a substance of Rf 0.45; (d) a substance of Rf 0.45.
Fraction (c) is obtained from the column and concentrated. The solid residue is dissolved in the aforementioned benzene-chloroform mixture (15 ml) and fractionated further on a second deactivated alumina column (4x30cm). From this column [hereinafter referred to as Column (II)] the following fractions are collected and identified using the same chromatographic system as was used for identifying the fractions of Column (I).
Column (II). Fraction: (a) a substance of Rf 0.66; (b) a trace of a substance of Rf 0.66; (c) a substance of Rf 0.45.
The fractions (d) of Column (I) and (c) of Column (II) are combined and evaporated and the residue (80 g) crystallized from methanol and ether followed by further re-crystallization from dilute alcohol. On heating to 120°C under a pressure of 0.01 mm/Hg, the crystals Iost water to give a compound, cymarin, which has an [α]d 22 =+39.0°. The [α]d 20 of cymarin (obtained from another source) in methanol is + 39.3°.
Alternatively, fractional crystallization may be used in place of adsorption chromatography
Cumarin may be also prepared from seeds of Strophantus Kombe
- Therapeutic FunctionCardiotonic
- General DescriptionThis substance is a primary reference substance with assigned absolute purity (considering chromatographic purity, water, residual solvents, inorganic impurities). The exact value can be found on the certificate. Produced by PhytoLab GmbH & Co. KG
7-hydroxy-3,7-dimethylnonan-1-al 2,4-HEXANEDIOL FG 74 Tetrahydro-4-pyranol 1-CYCLOHEXYL-1-PROPANOL 2,3-DIMETHYLCYCLOHEXANOL CYMARIN HYDROXYCITRONELLOL K-strophanthin-beta TRANS-2-HEXEN-1-OL 2-TRIDECENOIC ACID 3-METHYL-3-NONANOL TRANS-2-METHYLCYCLOHEXANOL K-STROPHANTHIN 1,4-PENTANEDIOL 1-O-Methyl-2-deoxy-D-ribose VINYLCYCLOPENTANE 3-METHYL-3-HEXANOL
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:+86-18621169078 +86-021-61259100
- Company Name:ChemStrong Scientific Co.,Ltd
- Tel:15920483169 0755-66853366
- Company Name:Alfa Chemistry
- Company Name:Shanghai Jizhi Biochemical Technology Co. Ltd.
- Tel:18017137653 400-900-4166
- Company Name:Shenzhen Polymeri Biochemical Technology Co., Ltd.