ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Flavors and fragrances > Synthetic fragrances > Carboxylic acids and esters > Aliphatic dicarboxylic acid esters > Tributyrin
Tributyrin Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-75 °C
- Boiling point:305 °C
- Density 1.0335
- FEMA 2223 | (TRI-)BUTYRIN
- refractive index n
- Flash point:345 °F
- storage temp. Store at RT.
- solubility H2O: insoluble
- form Liquid
- color Clear colorless to yellow
- Water Solubility Not miscible in water.
- JECFA Number922
- Merck 14,9620
- BRN 1714746
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference60-01-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemTributyrin (60-01-5)
- Safety Statements 24/25
- WGK Germany 1
- RTECS ET7350000
- TSCA Yes
- HS Code 29171900
Tributyrin Usage And Synthesis
- Description§ 184.1903(a) Tributyrin (C15H26O6), also known as butyrin or glyceryl tributyrate, is the triester of glycerin and butyric acid. It is prepared by esterifcation of glycerin with excess butyric acid. Glycerol tributyrate has a characteristic odor and a bitter taste.
- Chemical PropertiesGlycerol tributyrate has a characteristic odor and bitter taste.
- Chemical Propertiescolourless liquid
- Chemical PropertiesTributyrin is a colorless, oily liquid with a bitter taste. It is soluble in alcohol and ether and fairly insoluble in water.
- UsesTributyrin is a flavoring agent that is the triester of glycerin and butyric acid. it is prepared by esterification of glycerin with excess butyric acid. it is used in the following foods: baked goods; alcoholic beverages; nonalcoholic beverages; fats and oils; frozen dairy des- serts and mixes; gelatins, puddings and fillings; and soft candy. it is also termed butyrin and glyceryl tributyrate.
- UsesPlasticizer, flavoring.
- DefinitionChEBI: A triglyceride obtained by formal acylation of the three hydroxy groups of glycerol by butyric acid.
- PreparationPrepared by esterifcation of glycerol with excess butyric acid.
- Production MethodsTributyrin is manufactured via esterification of glycerol with butyric acid.
- Taste threshold valuesTaste characteristics at 30 ppm: bitter, waxy, fatty, cheese and butter nuances.
- Safety ProfilePoison by intravenous route. Low toxicity by ingestion. Questionable carcinogen with experimental tumorigenic data. Combustible liquid. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes. See also ESTERS
- CarcinogenicityAdministration of sodium butyrate in drinking water potentiates 1,2-dimethylhydrazine- induced colon cancer in rats . In mice, dietary administration of 5% tributyrin for 48 weeks did not lead to an increase in colonic tumor incidence or focal areas of dysplasia as compared to controls . Therefore, it has been suggested that the agent responsible for enhanced tumorigenesis in the rat study was sodium, rather than butyrate.
- GLYCEROL TRIVALERATE TRIHEPTADECANOIN TRIMYRISTIN TRIARACHIDIN TRIHEPTANOIN 1,2,3-TRI[TRANS-6-OCTADECENOYL]GLYCEROL TRINONANOIN TRIPALMITIN 1,2-DIPALMITOYL-3-OLEOYL-RAC-GLYCEROL TRILINOLEIN TRICAPRIN TRILINOLENIN 1,2,3-TRINONADECANOYLGLYCEROL Tributyrin TRIOCTANOIN TRIPENTADECANOIN TRIHEXANOIN TRILAURIN
- Company Name:Shanghai Dingfen Chemical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Nanjing songguan Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13584088977 025-52168336
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:future industrial shanghai co., ltd