ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Hormones and the Endocrine System > Prostaglandin drugs > Travoprost
Travoprost Chemical Properties
- alpha D20 +14.6° (c = 1.0 in methylene chloride)
- Boiling point:584.8±50.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.245±0.06 g/cm3(Predicted)
- Flash point:17 °C
- storage temp. −20°C
- form ethanol solution
- CAS DataBase Reference157283-68-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
Travoprost Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionTravoprost was launched in the US as Travatan?, an ophthalmic solution (0.004%) administered topically for the treatment of elevated intraocular hypertension (lOP) through open-angle glaucoma, a common optic neuropathy and a leading cause of blindness. Travoprost is the isopropyl ester of (+)-fluprostenol, a new prostaglandin derivative belonging to the PGF2α, analog class. This compound can be prepared in 8 steps from a bicyclic lactone aldehyde by a Wittig alkylidenation followed, after 2 ketonic reductions, by a lactol opening to prostenoic acid while protecting and deprotecting appropriately. Travoprost is a full agonist of FP receptors with a greater affinity than PGF2α, (K1 = 52 nM). Pharmacologic studies in rabbits treated daily for a week demonstrated a significant increase of the microvascular optic nerve head blood flow without significant alterations in the systemic flow. In several placebo-controlled clinical studies with hundreds of patients suffering from open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension, travoprost (1 to 4 pm daily) dose-dependently reduced lOP (by about 30% at 4 pm); it was shown equal or superior to latanoprost, another prostaglandin analog (5 pm daily) or the adrenergic ~-blocker timolol (500 pm bid). In addition, travoprost was safe and well tolerated with a low incidence of conjunctival hyperaemia.
- Chemical PropertiesColorless Oil
- OriginatorAlcon (US)
- UsesSelective FP prostaglandin receptor agonist. Isopropyl ester of (+)-fluprostenol. Antiglaucoma
- Usestreatment conditions arising from excess uric acid, eg chronic gout
- DefinitionChEBI: The isopropyl ester of prostaglandin F2alpha in which the pentyl group is replaced by a 3-(trifluoromethyl)phenoxymethyl group. A synthetic analogue of prostaglandin F2alpha, ophth lmic solutions of travoprost are used as a topical medication for controlling the progression of open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension, by reducing intraocular pressure. It is a pro-drug; the isopropyl ester group is hydrolysed by esterases in the co nea to the biologically active free acid, fluprostenol.
- brand nameTravatan
- General DescriptionTravoprost (Travatan and Travatan-Z) is supplied asa 2.5- or 5.0-mL sterile 0.004% ophthalmic solution in a4.0- or 7.5-mL size container. Travoprost is claimed to bethe most potent and FP-specific analog in this product category. Cautions and side effects are similar to those givenpreviously.
- Bimatoprost Latanoprost Travoprost Acid 9-KETO FLUPROSTENOL 9-keto Fluprostenol isopropyl ester 15-Keto Travoprost 3-Trifluoromethylphenol 5,6-trans Travoprost 15-KETO FLUPROSTENOL 15(S)-Fluprostenol isopropyl ester Ethyl bromoacetate Iodoethane Isopropyl ether Oxygen 16-PHENOXY TETRANOR PROSTAGLANDIN F2ALPHA Fluprostenol Travoprost Prostaglandin E1
- Company Name:Wuhan Sunrise Technology Development Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Taizhou KEDE Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Genriver Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai finete Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Heilongjiang runte Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd Gold