ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Dyes and Pigments > Pigment > Organic pigments > ARSENIC (III) SULFIDE
ARSENIC (III) SULFIDE
- Product Name:ARSENIC (III) SULFIDE
- Synonyms: ARSENIC TRISULFIDE ARSENIC TRI SULPHIDE ARSENIC SULFIDE YELLOW ARSENIC SULFIDE ARSENIC (III) SULFIDE ARSENIC (OUS) SULFIDE CI PIGMENT YELLOW king’sgold
- Product Categories: Inorganics UVCBs-inorganic metal chalcogenides
- Mol File:1303-33-9.mol
ARSENIC (III) SULFIDE Chemical Properties
- Melting point:300 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:707 °C
- Density 3.43 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- Flash point:707°C
- storage temp. Poison room
- form Powder
- Specific Gravity3.43
- color Yellow to orange
- Water Solubility Insoluble in water. Soluble in alkali sulfides or carbonate, hot HCl
- Sensitive moisture sensitive
- Merck 14,806
- Solubility Product Constant (Ksp)pKsp: 21.68
- CAS DataBase Reference1303-33-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
ARSENIC (III) SULFIDE Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesyellow to orange powder
- Chemical PropertiesArsenic trisulfide is a noncombustible, odorless, yellow or orange powder or red needles (changes to a different “red” form @ 170 C).
- Usesmanufacture of glass, particularly infrared-transmitting glass; manufacture of oil cloth, linoleum; in electrical semiconductors, photoconductors; as pigment; for depilating hides; in pyrotechnics.
- General DescriptionA yellow or red crystalline solid or powder. Combustible. Insoluble in water. Toxic by inhalation (dust) and ingestion.
- Air & Water ReactionsInsoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileARSENIC (III) SULFIDE is dissolved by alkalis and by hydrochloric acid (slowly). Decomposed by nitric acid. May react with oxidizing agents to generate heat and products that may be flammable, combustible, or otherwise reactive. The reactions may be violent. ARSENIC (III) SULFIDE reacts with concentrated solutions of chloric acid with incandescence [Mellor Supp. II Part I:584 1956]. Generates toxic gaseous hydrogen sulfide on contact with acids.
- Health Hazard(Acute and sub-acute poisoning are not common.) Repeated inhalation causes irritation of nose, laryngitis, mild bronchitis. Ingestion causes weakness, loss of appetite, gastrointestinal disturbances, peripheral neuritis, occasional hepatitis. Contact with eyes causes irritation. Irritates skin, especially where moist; if not treated, may cause ulceration.
- Fire HazardCombustible material: may burn but does not ignite readily. Containers may explode when heated. Runoff may pollute waterways. Substance may be transported in a molten form.
- Industrial usesAs2S3 (orpiment) and As2S2 (realgar) have been used as early as 2000 BC as drugs, for example, to cure cancerous tumours, ulcers and other diseases of the time. Later, Galen (130 200 AD) recommended the application of a paste of arsenic sulfide against ulcers.
- Safety ProfileConfirmed human carcinogen with experimental tumorigenic data. A poison. Reacts violently with H202, (m03 + S). When heated to decomposition or on contact with acid or acid fumes it emits highly toxic fumes of S02, H2S, and As. Reacts with water or steam to emit toxic and flammable vapors.
- Potential ExposureArsenic trisulfide is used in the manufacture of glass, oil cloth, linoleum, electrical semiconductors, fireworks and used as a pigment.
- ShippingUN1557 Arsenic compounds, solid, n.o.s. inorganic, including arsenates, n.o.s.; arsenites, n.o.s.; arsenic sulfides, n.o.s.; and organic compounds of arsenic, n.o.s., Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous materials.
- IncompatibilitiesA strong reducing agent; avoid contact with oxidizers (such as perchlorates, peroxides, permanganates, chlorates, and nitrates) and potassium nitrate mixed with sulfur, since violent reactions occur. Water contact forms hydrogen sulfide. Incompatible with acids, halogens. Contact with acids or acid mists releases deadly arsine gas.
- Waste DisposalConsult with environmental regulatory agencies for guidance on acceptable disposal practices. Generators of waste containing this contaminant (≥100 kg/mo) must conform with EPA regulations governing storage, transportation, treatment, and waste disposal.
ARSENIC (III) SULFIDE Preparation Products And Raw materials
- TETRAPHENYLARSONIUM CHLORIDE ARSENIC(III) IODIDE TRIPHENYLARSINE ARSENIC (III) BROMIDE TRIETHYLARSINE ARSENIC(III) CHLORIDE CACODYLIC ACID ARSENIC (III) SELENIDE TRIMETHYLARSINE Arsenic ARSENIC PENTOXIDE ARSENIC PENTASULPHIDE ARSINE ARSENIC (III) SULFIDE ARSENIC SULFIDE, RED SILVER ARSENIC SULFIDE ARSENIC SULFIDE, RED ARSENIC SULFOSELENIDE
ARSENIC (III) SULFIDESupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 +86-10-82848833
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:+86-(0)21-61259100(Shanghai) +86-(0)755-86170099(ShenZhen) +86-(0)10-62670440(Beijing)
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Tel:400-610-6006; 021-67582000
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:021-58432009 / 400-005-6266
- Company Name:Shanghai Hanhong Scientific Co.,Ltd.