OXOTREMORINE Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:124 °C0.1 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 1 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:113 °C
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility H2O: 50 mg/mL
- form liquid
- color clear, light yellow
- Merck 13,7020
OXOTREMORINE Usage And Synthesis
- General DescriptionOxotremorine [1-(-pyrrolidono)-4-pyrrolidino-2-butyne] has been regarded as a CNS muscarinicstimulant. Its action on the brain produces tremors inexperimental animals. It increases ACh brain levels in ratsup to 40% and has been studied as a drug in the treatment ofAlzheimer disease. Although earlier studies suggested thatthis approach of elevating levels of ACh to treat Alzheimerdisease is useful, this belief was highly disputed by manyresearchers.
- Clinical UseNevertheless, oxotremorine, as a cholinergicagonist, facilitates memory storage. These findings haveserved as important leads in the development of agents usefulin treating Alzheimer disease. Although it possessesgroups that do not occur in other highly active muscarinicagents, oxotremorine’s trans conformation shows that distancesbetween possible active centers correspond with (+)-muscarine.
- Safety ProfilePoison by ingestion and intraperitoneal routes. Moderately toxic by intravenous route. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx.
- N-Ethylbutanamide BUTYL-PROP-2-YNYL-AMINE N,N'-DIETHYL-2-BUTYNE-1,4-DIAMINE N-METHYLPROPARGYLAMINE N,N-Dimethylpropionamide 2-Butyne 1-Diethylamino-2-propyne OXOTREMORINE N,N-Diethylformamide 1-DIMETHYLAMINO-2-PROPYNE N-ETHYLPROPIONAMIDE 1-PROP-2-YNYL-PYRROLIDIN-2-ONE PROPARGYLAMINE 1-PROP-2-YN-1-YLPYRROLIDINE N-ETHYLPYRROLIDINE 1 1-(2-BUTYNYLENE)DIPYRROLIDINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE 97% Diethylacetamide N-methylpyrrolidone
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Shenzhen Nexconn Pharmatechs Ltd