2-HYDROXY-4-(METHYLTHIO)BUTYRIC ACID Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:74°C
- Density 1.277±0.06 g/cm3 | Condition: Temp: 20 °C Press: 760 Torr
- refractive index 1.5151 (estimate)
- Merck 14,5976
- CAS DataBase Reference583-91-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System2-Hydroxy-4-(methylthio) butanoic acid (583-91-5)
2-HYDROXY-4-(METHYLTHIO)BUTYRIC ACID Usage And Synthesis
- UsesMethionine hydroxy analogue
- General DescriptionLight brown liquid.
- Reactivity ProfileAn organosulfide, alcohol, and organic acid. Organosulfides are incompatible with acids, diazo and azo compounds, halocarbons, isocyanates, aldehydes, alkali metals, nitrides, hydrides, and other strong reducing agents. Reactions with these materials generate heat and in many cases hydrogen gas. Many of these compounds may liberate hydrogen sulfide upon decomposition or reaction with an acid. Flammable and/or toxic gases are generated by the combination of alcohols with alkali metals, nitrides, and strong reducing agents. They react with oxoacids and carboxylic acids to form esters plus water. Oxidizing agents convert them to aldehydes or ketones. Alcohols exhibit both weak acid and weak base behavior. They may initiate the polymerization of isocyanates and epoxides. Carboxylic acids donate hydrogen ions if a base is present to accept them. They react in this way with all bases, both organic (for example, the amines) and inorganic. Their reactions with bases, called "neutralizations", are accompanied by the evolution of substantial amounts of heat. Neutralization between an acid and a base produces water plus a salt.
- Health HazardCorrosive to the eyes and moderately irritating to the skin.
2-HYDROXY-4-(METHYLTHIO)BUTYRIC ACID Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 2-HYDROXY-4-(METHYLTHIO)BUTYRIC ACID 3-Hydroxybenzaldehyde 2-HYDROXY-4-(METHYLTHIO)BUTYRIC ACID CALCIUM SALT (R)-2-hydroxy-4-(methylthio)butyric acid 2-HYDROXY-4-METHYLTHIOBUTYRIC ACID = DL-2-HYDROXY-4-(METHYLTHIO)BUTYRIC ACID (68-72% IN WATER) Bis[(S)-2-hydroxy-4-(methylthio)butyric acid]calcium salt Bis[(R)-2-hydroxy-4-(methylthio)butyric acid]calcium salt (S)-2-hydroxy-4-(methylthio)butyric acid ,(2S)-2-Hydroxy-4-(methylthio)butyric acid Bis[2-hydroxy-4-(methylthio)butyric acid]calcium salt,2-HYDROXY-4-(METHYLTHIO)BUTYRIC ACID CALCIUM SALT DL-2-HYDROXY-4-(METHYL THIO) BUTYRIC ACID, [1-14C]
- Company Name:Beijing Hihealth Pharma. Sci. & Tech. Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai JONLN Reagent Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Suizhou Jiake Biological Engineering Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18008664168 0722-3632789-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801