ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical pesticides > Pesticide Intermediates > Dimethyl chlorothiophosphate
- Product Name:Dimethyl chlorothiophosphate
- Synonyms: chloro-dimethoxy-sulfanylidene-λ5-phosphane DIMETHYLPHOSPHOROCHLOROTHIOATE DMPCT METHYL PCT METHYL PHOSPHOROCHLORIDOTHIOATE METHYL INTERMEDIARY MP-2 MCT (CH3O)2P(S)Cl
- Product Categories: Pharmaceutical Intermediates Biochemistry Nucleosides, Nucleotides & Related Reagents Phosphorylating and Phosphorothioating Agents Protecting Agents, Phosphorylating Agents & Condensing Agents
- Mol File:2524-03-0.mol
Dimethyl chlorothiophosphate Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:66-67 °C16 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 1.322 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- vapor pressure 0.67 psi ( 20 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:221 °F
- Water Solubility slowly hydrolyzes
- CAS DataBase Reference2524-03-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferencePhosphorochloridothioic acid, o,o-dimethyl ester(2524-03-0)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPhosphorochloridothioic acid, O,O-dimethyl ester(2524-03-0)
Dimethyl chlorothiophosphate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesclear colorless to light yellow liquid
- General DescriptionColorless to light amber liquid. Used as a chemical intermediate for insecticides, pesticides, and fungicides; oil and gasoline additives; plasticizers; corrosion inhibitors; flame retardants; and flotation agents. Not registered as a pesticide in the U.S.
- Reactivity ProfileOrganothiophosphates, such as Dimethyl chlorothiophosphate, are susceptible to formation of highly toxic and flammable phosphine gas in the presence of strong reducing agents such as hydrides. Partial oxidation by oxidizing agents may result in the release of toxic phosphorus oxides.
- Health HazardDimethyl chlorothiophosphate is a strong irritant to the eyes, skin, and mucous membranes.
- Fire HazardDimethyl chlorothiophosphate may burn but does not ignite readily. Dimethyl chlorothiophosphate may ignite combustibles (wood, paper, oil, etc.). When heated Dimethyl chlorothiophosphate emits very toxic fumes of chlorine containing compounds, phosphorus oxides, and sulfur oxides.
- Safety ProfilePoison by inhalation. Moderately toxic by ingestion and skin contact. Corrosive. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of Cl-, POx, and SOx
Dimethyl chlorothiophosphate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Methanesulfonyl chloride Thioacetamide Sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate Dimethyl chlorothiophosphate Benzoyl chloride Calcium chloride Dimethyl ether Diethyl chlorothiophosphate Dimethyl sulfide Sulfuryl chloride Choline chloride Tosyl chloride Dimethylsulfamoyl chloride Dimethyl sulfoxide Oxalyl chloride Polyvinyl chloride Benzyl chloride Mepiquat chloride