ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Circulatory system drugs > Antihypertensive drugs > Clevidipine butyrate
Clevidipine butyrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:128-130°C
- Boiling point:539.7±50.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.289
- Flash point:280℃
- storage temp. Refrigerator
- CAS DataBase Reference167221-71-8
- Safety Statements 24/25
- HS Code 29339900
Clevidipine butyrate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionClevidipine is an ultra-short-acting vasodilator of the dihydropyridine
(DHP) class of CCB. It is indicated as an intravenous treatment for the
acute management of hypertension when oral therapy is not feasible or
not desirable. Clevidipine is the second intravenous CCB to be marketed
behind nicardipine for this indication. Both agents are primarily used
for urgent treatment of hypertension in cardiac surgical setting, intensive
care units, and emergency departments. Other intravenous agents
currently on the market for this indication include sodium nitroprusside,
nitroglycerin, fenoldopam, hydralazine, esmolol, and labetalol. Clevidipine is a potent, arterial-specific, vasodilator with very little or no effect
on the myocardial contractility and venous capacitance. It has a
rapid onset and offset of action and a very short plasma half-life, which
allows for titration of the drug to achieve precise BP control.
clevidipine is exclusively metabolized in the blood and the tissues. It does not undergo any renal or hepatic metabolism and does not accumulate in the body. Clevidipine is a blocker of L-type calcium channels, which mediate the influx of calcium during depolarization in arterial smooth muscle.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite to Off-White Solid
- OriginatorAstraZeneca (United Kingdom)
- UsesClevidipine butyrate is a dihydropyridine calcium channel blocker use as agent for the reduction of blood pressure。
- UsesCalcium channel blocker, used as an oral antihypertensive.
- UsesSeroquel XR
- UsesA calcium channel protein inhibitor and blocker
- brand nameClevelox (The Medicines Company).
- Side effectsClevidipine is contraindicated in patients with severe aortic stenosis, defective lipid metabolism, and allergies to eggs, egg products, soybeans, or soy products. The chemical synthesis of clevidipine entails the esterification of 4-(2,3-dichlorophenyl)-2,6-dimethyl-1,4-dihydropyridine-3,5-dicarboxylic acid monomethyl ester with chloromethyl butyrate by the action of potassium bicarbonate in refluxing acetonitrile.
- Chemical SynthesisThe chemical synthesis of clevidipine entails the esterification of 4-(2,3-dichlorophenyl)-2,6-dimethyl-1,4-dihydropyridine-3,5-dicarboxylic acid monomethyl ester with chloromethyl butyrate by the action of potassium bicarbonate in refluxing acetonitrile. The DHP-monoester starting material is obtained in two steps through condensation of methyl 2,3-dichlorobenzylidine acetoacetate and 2-cyanoethyl ester of 2-amino-2-propenoic acid to the DHP diester, followed by base catalyzed cleavage of the cyanoethyl group. Clevidipine is practically insoluble in water and is formulated in an oil-inwater emulsion.
- Losartan potassium 3-((butyryloxy)Methyl) 5-Methyl 4-(2',3'-dichlorophenyl)-2,6-diMethylpyridine-3,5-dicarboxylate 4-(2,3-Dichloro-phenyl)-2,6-dimethyl-1,4-dihydro-pyridine-3,5-dicarboxylic acid 3-(2-cyano-ethyl) ester 5-methyl ester 1,4-Dihydro-2,6-dimethyl-4-(2',3'-dichlorophenyl)-5-carboxy methyl-3-pyridinecarboxylic acid Periplocoside FLURBIPROFEN AXETIL Daptomycin Flurbiprofen Esomeprazole sodium Urapidil hydrochloride Prostaglandin E1 Dasatinib Levetiracetam Erlotinib hydrochloride Pregabalin Nimodipine Clevidipine 3,5-Pyridinedicarboxylic acid
- Company Name:Nanjing Wedo Pharm Tech Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13151579109 025-52455077-
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Chembest Research Laboratories Limited
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390