Nitrous acid methyl ester
Nitrous acid methyl ester Property
- RIDADR :2455
- HazardClass :2.2
- Hazardous Substances Data :624-91-9(Hazardous Substances Data)
- Signal word
- Hazard statements
- Precautionary statements
Nitrous acid methyl ester Chemical Properties,Usage,Production
- Chemical Properties A gas.
- Uses Synthesis of nitrile and nitroso esters.
- General Description A liquid or gas Boils at 10.4°F. Moderately toxic by inhalation. Narcotic in high concentrations. Used as a rocket propellant. Differs from nitromethane (H3CNO2).
- Air & Water Reactions Highly flammable. Somewhat soluble in water.
- Reactivity Profile Nitrous acid methyl ester is an oxidizing agent. A heat-sensitive explosive. [Lewis]. The presence of metal oxides increases the thermal sensitivity. May, if mixed with reducing agents including hydrides, sulfides and nitrides begin a vigorous reaction that culminates in a detonation. Reacts with inorganic bases to form explosive salts.
- Hazard Severe explosion risk when shocked orheated. Toxic by inhalation, narcotic.
- Health Hazard Vapors may cause dizziness or asphyxiation without warning. Some may be toxic if inhaled at high concentrations. Contact with gas or liquefied gas may cause burns, severe injury and/or frostbite. Fire may produce irritating and/or toxic gases.
- Fire Hazard EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE. Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames. Will form explosive mixtures with air. Silane will ignite spontaneously in air. Vapors from liquefied gas are initially heavier than air and spread along ground. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Cylinders exposed to fire may vent and release flammable gas through pressure relief devices. Containers may explode when heated. Ruptured cylinders may rocket.
- Safety Profile Moderately toxic by inhalation. Mutation data reported. Narcotic in high concentration. A very dangerous fire and explosion hazard when exposed to heat or flame. A heat-sensitive explosive more powerful than ethyl nitrite. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx.
- Purification Methods Condense MeONO in a liquid nitrogen trap. Distil the greenish liquid under vacuum (preferably in a vacuum line), into the first trap containing dry Na2CO3 to free it from acid impurities then into further Na2CO3 and fused CaCl2 traps before collection at -78o. It has been distilled through columns that are surrounded by Et2O/Dri-Ice cooled to -30o. [Leermakers & Ramsperger J Am Chem Soc 54 1838 1932, Thompson & Purkis Trans Farad Soc 32 675 1936, Beilstein 1 H 284, 1 I 141, 1 II 273, 1 III 1201, 1 IV 1253.] CARCINOGEN.
Nitrous acid methyl ester Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Tel：17705817739 +86-571-88938639
- Fax：+86-571-88938652，+86-571- 88492614
- Supplier： Mainchem Co., Ltd.
624-91-9, Nitrous acid methyl esterRelated Search:
- Isoamyl nitrite Isopropyl nitrate Isobutyl nitrite N-BUTYL NITRATE n-Propyl nitrate Pentaerythritol tetranitrate Ethyl nitrite tert-Butyl nitrite KT 1 ISOAMYL NITRATE SEC-BUTYL NITRITE 2-Ethylhexyl nitrate N-PROPYL NITRITE ISOPROPYL NITRITE 1-Butyl nitrite CYCLOHEXYL NITRATE 3,3,4,4,5,5,6,6,6-nonafluorohexyl nitrate Pentyl nitrite
- Nitrous acid methyl ester
- Methyl nitrite
- Nitrous acid methyl