ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Circulatory system drugs > Antiarrhythmics Drugs > 1-(2,6-Dimethylphenoxy)-2-propanamine
1-(2,6-Dimethylphenoxy)-2-propanamine Chemical Properties
- Melting point:203-205 °C
- Boiling point:271.5±28.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 0.979±0.06 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility ethanol: 50 mg/mL
- form powder
- pkapKa 9.14± 0.01(H2O,t =25±0.2,I=0.01(NaCl))(Approximate)
- color white
- CAS DataBase Reference31828-71-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceMexiletine(31828-71-4)
1-(2,6-Dimethylphenoxy)-2-propanamine Usage And Synthesis
- UsesCardiac depressant (anti-arrhythmic).
- DefinitionChEBI: An aromatic ether which is 2,6-dimethylphenyl ether of 2-aminopropan-1-ol.
- brand nameMexitil (Boehringer Ingelheim).
- Clinical UseMexiletine (Mexitil) is an antiarrhythmic agent with
pharmacological and antiarrhythmic properties similar
to those of lidocaine and tocainide. Like tocainide,mexiletine
is available for oral administration.
Mexiletine is useful as an antiarrhythmic agent in the management of patients with either acute or chronic ventricular arrhythmias.While it is not at present an indication for use, there is interest in using mexiletine to treat the congenital long QT syndrome when an abnormality in the SCN5A gene (LQTS 3) has been found.
- Side effectsA very narrow therapeutic window limits mexiletine use. The first signs of toxicity manifest as fine tremor of the hands, followed by dizziness and blurred vision. Hypotension, sinus bradycardia, and widening of the QRS complex have been noted as the most common unwanted cardiovascular effects of IV mexiletine. The side effects of oral maintenance therapy include reversible upper gastrointestinal distress, tremor, lightheadedness, and coordination difficulties. These effects generally are not serious and can be reduced by downward dose adjustment or administering the drug with meals. Cardiovascular adverse effects, which are less common, include palpitations, chest pain, and angina or anginalike pain.
- Drug interactionsAn upward adjustment in dose may be required when mexiletine is administered with phenytoin or rifampin, since these drugs stimulate the hepatic metabolism of mexiletine, reducing its plasma concentration.
- PrecautionsMexiletine is contraindicated in the presence of cardiogenic shock or preexisting second- or third-degree heart block in the absence of a cardiac pacemaker. Caution must be exercised in administration of the drug to patients with sinus node dysfunction or disturbances of intraventricular conduction.
1-(2,6-Dimethylphenoxy)-2-propanamine Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materials2,6-Dimethylphenol
- Company Name:Hangzhou Yuhao Chemical Technology Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Beijing HuaMeiHuLiBiological Chemical
- Company Name:Hangzhou J&H Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:LABTER PHARMATECH(BEIJING) CO.,LTD
- Tel:18310155299 010-56330744
- Company Name:Alfa Chemistry