DIMETHYLANILINE Chemical Properties
DIMETHYLANILINE Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesLiquid. Slightly soluble inwater; soluble in alcohol and ether. Combustible.
- Chemical PropertiesThere are six xylidine isomers. Xylidine, mixed isomers (principally made up of 2,4-, 2,5-, and 2,6-isomers) is a pale yellow to brown liquid with a weak, aromatic amine odor.
- UsesChiefly in the manufacture of dyes.
- UsesChemical intermediate in the manufacture of pesticides, dyes, antioxidants, pharmaceuticals, synthetic resins, and fragrances.
- DefinitionA varying mixture of isomers (2,3-; 2,4-; 2,5-; 2,6-).
- HazardToxic by ingestion, inhalation, and skin absorption. Liver damage. Methemoglobinemia. Possible carcinogen.
- Health HazardXylidine causes liver damage in experimental animals and is a mild methemoglobin former; it caused tumors of the nasal cavity in rats. There are six isomeric forms of xylidenes with the commercial product consisting primarily of the 2,4- and 2,6-isomers.
- Safety ProfileConfirmed carcinogen. Poison by intravenous route. Moderately toxic by ingestion. This material, which so closely resembles aniline in the character of its toxic effects, is actually twice as toxic as aniline. It can cause injury to the blood and the liver. It does not necessarily give any alarm or warning, such as cyanosis, headache, and duziness, whch characterize aniline poisoning. Thus, it may be considered a more insidious poison than aniline, and severe and possibly fatal intoxication may come about through skin absorption. Combustible when exposed to heat or flame. Can react vigorously with oxidizing materials. To fight fire, use foam, CO2, dry chemical. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx. See also ANILINE and other xylidme entries.
- Potential ExposureXylidines are used in dyestuff manufacture; as intermediates in the manufacture of pesticides, antioxidants, pharmaceuticals, and other organic com pounds.
- CarcinogenicityThe IARC has determined that there is sufficient evidence for the carcinogenicity of 2,6-xylidine in experimental animals and inadequate evidence in humans.5 Overall, 2,6- xylidine is considered possibly carcinogenic to humans. In genotoxic assays, 2,6-xylidine induced sister chromatid exchanges and chromosomal aberrations in cultured mammalian cells but did not induce micronuclei in the bone marrow of mice treated in vivo; conflicting results have been reported in the Salmonella typhimurium assay.
- ShippingUN1711/Xylidines, solid or liquid, Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous materials.
- IncompatibilitiesVapor may form explosive mixture with air. Contact with hypo chlorite salts and bleaches form explosive chloroamines. Incompatible with oxidizers (chlorates, nitrates, peroxides, permanganates, perchlorates, chlorine, bromine, fluorine, etc.); contact may cause fires or explosions. Keep away from alkaline materials, strong bases, strong acids, oxoacids, and epoxides. A chemical base: Will neutralize acids to form salts plus water with an exothermic reaction. May be incompatible with isocyanates, halogenated organics, peroxides, phenols (acidic), epoxides, anhydrides, and acid halides. Flammable gaseous hydrogen is generated by amines in combination with strong reducing agents such as hydrides, nitrides, alkali metals, and sulfides.
- Waste DisposalIncineration; oxides of nitrogen are removed from the effluent gas by scrubber, catalytic, or thermal device.
DIMETHYLANILINE Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 4-thiocyano-n,n-dimethylanilin N-((E)-[5-CHLORO-1-METHYL-3-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)-1H-PYRAZOL-4-YL]METHYLIDENE)-3,5-DIMETHYLANILINE P-[N-(P-BROMOPHENYL)FORMIMIDOYL]-N,N-DIMETHYLANILINE N,N-DIMETHYLANILINE-D11 2-Methyl-N,N-dimethylaniline 4-Isothiocyanato-N,N-dimethylaniline N-[(6-CHLOROIMIDAZO[2,1-B][1,3]THIAZOL-5-YL)METHYL]-2,4-DIMETHYLANILINE N-TERT-BUTYL-3,5-DIMETHYLANILINE N,N-DIMETHYLANILINE-RING-UL-14C P-NITROSO-N,N-DIMETHYLANILINE O-BROMO-N,N'-DIMETHYLANILINE,O-BROMO-N,N-DIMETHYLANILINE N,N-DIMETHYLANILINE-D3 (N-METHYL-D3) PYRIDINE-2-AZO-P-DIMETHYLANILINE,PYRIDYLAZO-4-DIMETHYLANILINE,TRANS-PYRIDINE-2-AZO-P-DIMETHYLANILINE N,N-DIMETHYLANILINE-2,3,4,5,6-D5 P-NITROSO-N,N-DIMETHYLANILINE HYDROCHLORIDE P-AMINO-N,N-DIMETHYLANILINE MONOHYDROCHLORIDE P-AMINO-NN-DIMETHYLANILINE OXALATE N-CHLORACETYL-2,6-DIMETHYLANILINE,N-CHLOROACETYL-2,6-DIMETHYLANILINE
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-
- Company Name:Maya High Purity Chemicals
- Tel:+86 (573) 82222445 (0)18006601000 QQ:452520369
- Company Name:Hangzhou Yuhao Chemical Technology Co., Ltd