CALCIUM CHROMATE Chemical Properties
CALCIUM CHROMATE Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesCalcium chromate is a yellow crystalline solid, often used in solution. Odorless. It normally occurs as the dehydrate and loses water @ 200C.
- UsesAs a pigment, corrosion inhibitor; manufacture of chromium; in oxidizing reactions; in battery depolarization.
- General DescriptionCALCIUM CHROMATE is a yellow powder. CALCIUM CHROMATE is slightly soluble in water. The primary hazard is the threat to the environment. Immediate steps should be taken to prevent its spread to the environment.
- Air & Water ReactionsInsoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileCALCIUM CHROMATE is a strong oxidizer and reacts with acids and ethanol.
- HazardProbable carcinogen.
- Health HazardInhalation causes irritation of nose and throat. Ingestion causes severe circulatory collapse and chronic nephritis. Contact with eyes causes irritation. Contact with skin may cause dermatitis and ulcers.
- Safety ProfileSuspected human carcinogen with experimental carcinogenic, neoplastigenic, and tumorigenic data. Experimental reproductive effects. Mutation data reported. A powerful oxiduer. Mixture with boron burns violently if ignited. See also CHROMIUM COMPOUNDS and CALCIUM COMPOUNDS.
- Potential ExposureCalcium chromate is used as a pigment, corrosion inhibitor; in the manufacture of chromium; in oxidizing reactions; in battery depolarization.
- ShippingUN3288 Toxic solids, inorganic, n.o.s., Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous materials, Technical Name Required
- IncompatibilitiesA strong oxidizer. Incompatible with boron (violent reaction), ethanol, combustibles, organic, or other easily oxidized materials.
- Waste DisposalReduce to trivalent chromium and precipitate as chromium(III) hydroxide. Compact the sludge and dispose in single purpose special waste dumps
CALCIUM CHROMATE Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsChromic acid
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-
- Company Name:Guangzhou Jhd Chemical Reagent Co., Ltd.