Di-(2-ethylhexyl)peroxydicarbonate Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:401.18°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.0722 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.4450 (estimate)
- Stability:Unstable if heated. Heating presents a potential risk of explosion. May be shock sensitive. Flammable. May react violently with organic materials.
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPeroxydicarbonic acid, bis(2-ethylhexyl) ester (16111-62-9)
- RIDADR 3117
- HazardClass 5.2
- PackingGroup II
Di-(2-ethylhexyl)peroxydicarbonate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesIt is colorless liquid with unpleasant odor. Thermally unstable with required continuous refrigeration below -10°C (-14°F). Refer to the Code for the Storage of Organic Peroxide Formulations. Storage incompatibility includes strong acids, oxidizing agents, alkaline materials, reducing agents, and amines. Also, it should be stored away from excessive heat, sources of ignition, and reactive materials (12b).
- General DescriptionDi-(2-ethylhexyl)peroxydicarbonate is particularly sensitive to temperature rises. Above a given "Control Temperature" they decompose violently. They are generally stored or transported in a solvent slurry.
- Reactivity ProfileDI-(2-ETHYLHEXYL) PEROXYDICARBONATE decomposes violently or explosively at temperatures 0-10° C. owing to self-accelerating exothermic decomposition; Several explosions were due to shock, heat or friction; amines and certain metals can cause accelerated decomposition [Bretherick, 1979 p. 156], Danger of explosion when dry
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by ingestion. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes. See also PEROXIDES, ORGANIC
Di-(2-ethylhexyl)peroxydicarbonate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Company Name:Chizhou Kailong Import and Export Trade Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Please Email
- Company Name:Amadis Chemical Company Limited
- Company Name:Shanghai Orgchem Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:+86-21-5877 1921
- Company Name:Conier Chem & Pharma Limited
- Company Name:Wuhan FengyaoTonghui Chemical Products Co., Ltd.
- Tel:15377573527 027-87466205