ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Phenols > 4-Trifluoromethylphenol
4-Trifluoromethylphenol Chemical Properties
- Melting point:45-47 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:71.5-72 °C (8 mmHg)
- Density 1.3226 (estimate)
- Flash point:183 °F
- storage temp. Store at <= 20°C.
- pkapK1:8.675 (25°C)
- form Crystals
- color White to yellow-brown
- BRN 1637019
- CAS DataBase Reference402-45-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Referencep-Hydroxybenzotrifluoride(402-45-9)
- EPA Substance Registry System4-(Trifluoromethyl)phenol (402-45-9)
4-Trifluoromethylphenol Usage And Synthesis
- Preparation methodChlorosilane and bromotrifluoromethane at-59℃form trifluoromethylsilane. Trifluoromethylsilane and benzoquinone in the presence of catalyst form 4-triethylsiloxy-4-trifluoromethyl-2,5-cyclohexadien-1-ketone which is reduced by zinc powder to p-trifluoromethylphenol with a yield of 71%. This method avoids the use of hydrofluoric acid in the traditional process but should be carried out under anhydrous conditions.If there were water trifluoromethyl silane would rapidly become silanol under the effect of water and alkali. The catalyst used in the reaction is alkali of which the strength has nothing to do with the catalytic activity. By now the role of catalyst is still unknown but the reaction can not proceed without catalyst.
- Chemical CharacteristicsOff-white crystal
- UsesFor intermediate of medicine and pesticide.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite to yellowish-brown crystals
- UsesIntermediates of Liquid Crystals
- Synthesis Reference(s)The Journal of Organic Chemistry, 54, p. 2873, 1989 DOI: 10.1021/jo00273a020
4-Trifluoromethylphenol Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation Products4-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)PHENOXYACETIC ACID
- 4-(Trifluoromethylthio)phenol 4-(TRIFLUOROMETHYLTHIO)BENZOIC ACID 4-(TRIFLUOROMETHYLTHIO)BENZALDEHYDE 4-Aminobenzotrifluoride 4-(Trifluoromethoxy)aniline 4-(Trifluoromethoxy)benzoic acid 4-(Trifluoromethoxy)benzyl chloride 4-(Trifluoromethyl)phenylacetic acid 3-(4-Trifluoromethylphenyl)propenal NORFLUOXETINE HYDROCHLORIDE FLUOXETINE HYDROCHLORIDE N-METHYL-3-CHLOROPROPYLAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE 4-Chlorobenzotrichloride Fluoxetine-D5 hydrochloride 3-dimethylamino-1-phenyl-propan-1-ol Meta Fluoxetine Hydrochloride 3-(DIMETHYLAMINO)-1-PHENYLPROPAN-1-ONE N-Methyl-3-phenylpropan-1-aMine hydrochloride (RelCpd B)
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Products Intro:Product Name:4-(Trifluoromethyl)phenol, 98%
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Products Intro:Product Name:4-(TrifluoroMethyl)phenol
Purity:98% Package:1g;5g Remarks:C30100
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Products Intro:Product Name:4-Hydroxybenzotrifluoride
Purity:98.0% GC&T Package:25G,5G
- Company Name:Beijing dtftchem Technology Co., Ltd.
- Products Intro:CAS:402-45-9
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:18516978288 0757-86329057-
- Products Intro:Product Name:4-(Trifluoromethyl)phenol
Purity:97.00% Package:1g Remarks:HWG56334