COPPER(II) OLEATE Chemical Properties
- form blue-green solid
- Water Solubility insoluble H2O; slightly soluble alcohol; soluble ether [MER06]
- EPA Substance Registry SystemCupric oleate (1120-44-1)
COPPER(II) OLEATE Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesblue to green solid; can be prepared by reacting the acid with CuO or basic carbonate of Cu; coalesces mercury drops; improves oil combustion by reducing smoke and fumes of burning oil; used as textile fungicide, used in antifouling marine paints [MER06]
- UsesIn antifouling compositions; as emulsifier and dispersing agent; as antioxidant in lubricating oils; as combustion-improver in fuel oils; as stabilizer for amide polymers; as catalyst.
- PreparationCopper(II) oleate is produced by the precipitation reaction of copper(II) sulfate solutions with sodium oleate. It is insoluble in water. The product of commerce contains between 6% and 9% copper. Copper(II) oleate is used as an emulsifier and dispersant for the control of mildew and as a combustion improver in fuel oils.
- Purification MethodsCrystallise it from diethyl ether. [Beilstein 2 H 465, 2 I 196, 2 I202, 2 II 436, 2 III 1404, 2 IV 1646.]
- Company Name:JinYan Chemicals(ShangHai) Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:Chengdu Ai Keda Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:4008-755-333 028-85911938-
- Company Name:Cheng Du Micxy Chemical Co.,Ltd
- Company Name:Chengdu HuaXia Chemical Reagent Co. Ltd
- Tel:13458535857 400-1166-196
- Company Name:Finetech Industry Limited