ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Dyes and Pigments > dye > Disperse dyes > 1-AMINO-2-METHYLANTHRAQUINONE
1-AMINO-2-METHYLANTHRAQUINONE Chemical Properties
- Melting point:204-206 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:379.79°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.1469 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5500 (estimate)
- Colour Index 60700
- form neat
- Water Solubility 332.2ug/L(25 ºC)
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents, mineral acids.
- CAS DataBase Reference82-28-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- IARC3 (Vol. 27, Sup 7) 1987
- EPA Substance Registry System1-Amino-2-methylanthraquinone (82-28-0)
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS CB5740000
- F 10-21
- HazardClass IRRITANT
1-AMINO-2-METHYLANTHRAQUINONE Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesred powder
- Chemical Properties1-Amino-2-methylanthraquinone is a red crystalline substance or powder.
- Uses1-Amino-2-methylanthraquinone was used almost exclusively as a dyeand as an intermediate in the production of dyes. It was used as a dyefor synthetic fibers, furs, and thermoplastic resins. The only dyes derived from 1-amino-2-methylanthraquinone that were produced in the United States were C.I. acid blue 47, last produced in 1973, and C.I. solvent blue 13, last produced in 1974 (IARC 1982, HSDB 2009).
- General DescriptionRed powder.
- Air & Water ReactionsInsoluble in water.
- Reactivity Profile1-AMINO-2-METHYLANTHRAQUINONE is incompatible with strong oxidizing agents. Forms salts with mineral acids .
- Fire HazardFlash point data for 1-AMINO-2-METHYLANTHRAQUINONE are not available; however, 1-AMINO-2-METHYLANTHRAQUINONE is probably combustible.
- Safety ProfileConfirmed carcinogen with experimental carcinogenic, neoplastigenic, and tumorigenic data. Mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx,.
- Potential Exposure1-Amino-2-methylanthraquinone is used almost exclusively as a dye intermediate for the production of a variety of anthraquinone dyes. May be used as a dye for a variety of synthetic fibers, especially acetates, as well as wool, sheepskins, furs, and surface dyeing of thermoplastics. None of the dyes that can be prepared from it are presently produced in commercial quantities.1Amino-2-methylanthraquinone had been produced commercially in the United States since 1948, but production was last reported by a single company in 1970. The potential for exposure is greatest among workers engaged in the dyeing of textiles. 1-Amino-2-methylanthraquinone is not presently used in consumer products according to the CPSC.
- Carcinogenicity1-Amino-2-methylanthraquinone is reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen based on sufficient evidence of carcinogenicity from studies in experimental animals.
- ShippingUN2811 Toxic solids, organic, n.o.s., Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous materials, Technical Name Required. UN3143 Dyes, solid, toxic, n.o.s. or Dye intermediates, solid, toxic, n.o.s., Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous materials, Technical Name Required
- 1-amino-4-bromo-9,10-dioxo-9,10-dihydroan thracene-2-carboxylic acid Disperse Blue 60 dynemicin P 1-AMINO-2-HYDROXYMETHYLANTRAQUINONE 2-methyl-1-nitroanthraquinone 1-amino-9,10-dioxo-9,10-dihydroanthracene-2-carbaldehyde 1-AMINO-2-METHYLANTHRAQUINONE RARECHEM AL BW 0630 1-Amino-4-methylamino-9,10-dioxo-9,10-dihydroanthracene-2-carboxylicacidmethylester 1-AMINO-4-BROMO-2-METHYLANTHRAQUINONE 1-amino-4-chloro-2-methylanthraquinone SOLWAY BLUE RN Vat Red 10 Vat Violet 13 anthra[1,2-c]benzimidazo[2,1-i]benzo[lmn][2,8]phenanthroline-5,9,20(6H)-trione RARECHEM AL BO 0603 N-BENZOYL-N'-(2-METHYL-9,10-DIOXO-9,10-DIHYDRO-1-ANTHRACENYL)THIOUREA dynemicin A
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009
- Company Name:Maya High Purity Chemicals
- Tel:+86 (573) 82222445 (0)18006601000 QQ:452520369