ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Hormones and the Endocrine System > Adrenal corticosteroids > DEXAMETHASONE SODIUM PHOSPHATE
DEXAMETHASONE SODIUM PHOSPHATE
DEXAMETHASONE SODIUM PHOSPHATE Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:669.6±65.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.45±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
DEXAMETHASONE SODIUM PHOSPHATE Usage And Synthesis
- OriginatorDecadron Phosphate,MS and D,US,1959
- UsesA pro-drug of Dexamethasone (D298800), an anti-inflammatory glucocorticoid. It was found that liposomal DXM-P inhibited both chronic inflammation and joint destruction, whereas free DXM-P failed to prevent joint destruction.
- DefinitionChEBI: A steroid phosphate that is the 21-O-phospho derivative of dexamethasone.
- Manufacturing ProcessA solution of bis-triethylamine phosphate was prepared by slowly adding 2.36
ml of 85% phosphoric acid to 20 ml of acetonitrile containing 9.9 ml of
triethylamine at 20°C. This solution was added to a stirred solution of 4.70 g
of 9α-fluoro-11β,17α,21-trihydroxy-16α-methyl-1,4-pregnadiene-3,2-dione 21-
methanesulfonate and 20 ml of acetonitrile. The mixture was heated under
reflux for four hours and then evaporated under reduced pressure to a volume
of 12 ml. This mixture was a concentrated solution of 9α-fluoro-11β,17α,21-
triethylamine salt with some inorganic phosphate.
The mixture was cooled, 25 ml of methanol added, and the cooled mixture treated with 33 ml of 1.89 N methanolic sodium methoxide solution. The precipitated inorganic phosphates were removed by suction filtration and washed thoroughly with methanol. The combined filtrates were evaporated under reduced pressure to a volume of 12 ml and treated with 30 ml of methanol. The resulting cloudy solution was clarified by filtration through diatomaceous earth. The volume of the filtrate was brought to 40 ml by the addition of methanol, and 120 ml of ether was added with stirring. The precipitated product, which was 9α-fluoro-11β,17α,21-trihydroxy-16α-methyl1,4-pregnadiene-3,20-dione 21-phosphate sodium salt, was collected by suction filtration, and washed with acetone and then with ether. The weight of the air-dried material was 3.06 g.
- brand nameDecadron (Merck); Dexacen (Cent); Dexacort (UCB); Dexair (Pharmafair); Hexadrol (Organon); Maxidex (Alcon).
- Therapeutic FunctionGlucocorticoid
- Safety ProfileAn experimental teratogen. Otherexperimental reproductive effects. Mutation data reported.When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of F-and POx.
Dexamethasone palmitate Pregna-1,4-diene-3,20-dione, 9-fluoro-11,17-dihydroxy-16-methyl-21-[(3-sulfobenzoyl)oxy]-, monosodium salt, (11beta,16alpha)- Dexamethasone dipropionate 9-Fluoro-11b,17,21-trihydroxy-16a-methylpregna-1,4-diene-3,20-dione 17-valerate Dexamethasone 9,11-epoxide 1,2-Dihydro DesoxyMetasone Dexamethasone Impurity I Dexamethasone EP Impurity E DexaMethasone β-D-Glucuronide SodiuM Salt Dexamethasone-d5 Desoximetasone Dexamethasone 21-phosphate disodium salt Dexamethasone 21-Propionate PSXDNQUHAFMVPT-NWQAGDSVSA-N Dexamethasone-17,20 21-Aldehyde dexamethasone 21-pivalate dexamethasone 21-(3-phenylpropionate) Dexamethasone 17-propionate
DEXAMETHASONE SODIUM PHOSPHATESupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Chemsky（shanghai）International Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:Sinopharm Chemical Reagent Co,Ltd.
- Company Name:Shanghai Hekang Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:ShangHai Angti Biotechnology Co., Ltd.