ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Circulatory system drugs > Antihypertensive drugs > PARGYLINE HYDROCHLORIDE
PARGYLINE HYDROCHLORIDE Chemical Properties
- Melting point:160-163 °C(lit.)
- storage temp. -20°C
- color Crystals from EtOH/Et2O
- Merck 13,7110
- BRN 3699487
- CAS DataBase Reference306-07-0
PARGYLINE HYDROCHLORIDE Usage And Synthesis
- OriginatorEutonyl, Abbott , US ,1963
- UsesAntihypertensor;Monoamine oxidase inhibitor
- UsesPargyline hydrochloride has been used:
- as a histone demethylase inhibitor to treat monocytes to investigate whether various inhibitors affect training
- to maximize uptake into dopaminergic neurons (DA) neurons in experimental rats,
- to study its effect on discolouration of medullary tissues of sclerotia of S. sclerotiorum
- Manufacturing ProcessA mixture of 23.8 grams (0.2 mol) of propargyl bromide, 24.2 grams (0.2 mol) of N-methylbenzylamine and 400 ml of anhydrous ethanol in the presence of 42.4 grams (0.4 mol) of anhydrous sodium carbonate was heated at the boiling temperature and under reflux for a period of 17 hours.
The sodium carbonate was then removed by filtration and the alcohol was removed by distillation under reduced pressure. The residue was treated with 300 ml of dry ether and the resulting solution was filtered to remove sodium bromide.
The filtrate was dried and fractionally distilled under reduced pressure to obtain the desired N-methyl-N-propargylbenzylamine which boiled at 96°97°C at 11 mm pressure.
Analysis calculated for C11H13N: C = 82.97%; H = 8.23%; N = 8.80%. Found: C = 82.71%; H = 8.51%; N = 8.93%.
The hydrochloride salt of this amine was prepared by dissolving the amine in ether and adding ethereal hydrogen chloride to the ether solution. The solid hydrochloride salt which precipitated was recrystallized from an ethanol-ether mixture and was found to melt at 154° - 155°C.
- brand nameEutonyl (Abbott).
- Therapeutic Function Antihypertensive
- Biochem/physiol ActionsPargyline hydrochloride acts as a histone demethylase inhibitor. It has antihypertensive action.
- Safety ProfilePoison by ingestion,intraperitoneal, and intravenous routes. Human systemiceffects by ingestion: effects on fluid intake, psychologicaleffects. Experimental reproductive effects. When heatedto decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of HCl andNOx.
Glyburide-d3 Pargyline Benzylamine hydrochloride PARGYLINE HYDROCHLORIDE N-METHYL-N-PROPARGYL-4-(TETRAHYDROFURAN-2-YLCARBONYLAMINO)-2-CHLOROBENZAMIDE N-(4-CHLORO-2-BUTYNYL)PHTHALIMIDE N-METHYL-N-PROPARGYL-4-AMINO-2-CHLOROBENZAMIDE N-METHYL-N-PROPARGYL-4-(CYCLOHEPTYLCARBONYLAMINO)-2-CHLOROBENZAMIDE
- Company Name:Finetech Industry Limited Gold
- Company Name:Accela ChemBio Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:Nanjing Chemlin Chemical Co., Ltd
- Company Name:BEST-REAGENT
- Tel:18981987031 400-1166-196
- Company Name:Shanghai Nuohey Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:13761626812 021-52212593