ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Analytical Chemistry > Standard > Food and cosmetics standards > VERRUCULOGEN
VERRUCULOGEN Chemical Properties
- Flash point:2℃
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form buffered aqueous solution
VERRUCULOGEN Usage And Synthesis
- UsesVerruculogen is a tremorgenic mycotoxin, first isolated from Penicillium verruculosum in 1972. The structure was resolved as an indole alkaloid in 1974. Verruculogen is produced by several species of Penicillium and Aspergillus and its presence is a useful taxonomic phenotypic marker. The tremorgenic action of verruculogen is associated with increases in spontaneous glutamate and aspartate release, decreases in GABA levels and, at toxic doses, an increase in the number and decrease in the affinity of DHP receptors in rat cortex. In in vitro guinea pig ileum preparations, verruculogen causes an increase in contractile responses due to electrical field stimulation, attributed to enhancement of acetylcholine from presynaptic nerve terminals. Verruculogen also inhibits Ca2+-activated K+ channels, and is a cell cycle inhibitor blocking division at the M phase.
- UsesVerruculogen is a tremorgenic mycotoxin isolated from species of Penicillium, Aspergillus, and other fungi. It selectively inhibits the activation of Maxi-K potassium channels by charybdotoxin with a K1/2 value of 170 nM. Verruculogen also promotes the release of excitatory neurotransmitters when injected directly into the brain of rats and, at high doses, arrests mouse mammary carcinoma cells in M phase of the cell cycle (MIC = 12.2 μM).[Cayman Chemical]
- DefinitionChEBI: An organic heterohexacyclic compound that is a mycotoxic indole alkaloid isolated from Penicillium and Aspergillus species.
- METHYL-(2-PIPERIDIN-1-YL-ETHYL)-AMINE N,N-DI-N-BUTYLACETAMIDE N-(1-METHYL-3-PHENYLPROPYL)-N-VALERAMIDE N-PHENYL-3-PIPERIDINAMINE CHEMBRDG-BB 4013122 N,N-Dipropylpropionamide (S)-3-METHYL-2-KETOPIPERAZINE CHEMBRDG-BB 4014926 6-METHOXY-2,3-DIHYDRO-1H-INDOLE N-acetyl-1,6-diaminohexane 4-Methyl-1-piperazineethanamine 3-AMINOPIPERIDINE 2-Aminoethyldiisopropylamine 1-dibutylaminopropan-2-ol 2-(4-METHYL-PIPERIDIN-1-YL)-ETHYLAMINE 2-Ethylpiperazine 2-PIPERIDYLMETHYLAMINE 1-Piperazineethanamine,N,4-dimethyl-(9CI)
- Company Name:Nanjing Shizhou Biology Technology Co.,Ltd Gold
- Tel:13675144456 025-85560043-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Shanghai Tauto Biotech Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:ChemStrong Scientific Co.,Ltd
- Tel:15920483169 0755-66853366-