sulfur dioxide Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesSulfur dioxide is a noncombustible colorless gas at ambient temperatures with a characteristic, strong, suffocating odor. The Odor Threshold is 1.1ppm. Shipped as a liquefied compressed gas.
- Potential ExposureSulfur dioxide is used in the manufacture of sodium sulfite, sulfuric acid; sulfuryl chloride; thionyl chloride; organic sulfonates; disinfectants, fumigants, glass, wine, ice, industrial and edible protein; and vapor pressure thermometers. It is also used in the bleaching of beet sugar, flour, fruit, gelatin, glue, grain, oil, straw, textiles, wicker ware; wood pulp; and wool; in the tanning of leather; in brewing and preserving; and in the refrigeration industry. Exposure may also occur in various other industrial processes as it is a by-product of ore smelting, coal and fuel oil combustion; paper manufacturing and petroleum refining.
- ShippingUN1079 Sulfur dioxide, Hazard Class: 2.3; Labels: 2.3-Poisonous gas, 8-Corrosive material, Inhalation Hazard Zone C. Cylinders must be transported in a secure upright position, in a well-ventilated truck. Protect cylinder and labels from physical damage. The owner of the compressed gas cylinder is the only entity allowed by federal law (49CFR) to transport and refill them. It is a violation of transportation regulations to refill compressed gas cylinders without the express written permission of the owner
- IncompatibilitiesReacts with water to form sulfurous acid, a medium-strong acid. Reacts violently with ammonia, acrolein, acetylene; alkali metals; such as sodium, potassium, magnesium, and zinc; chlorine, ethylene oxide; amines, butadiene. Attacks many metals including aluminum, iron, steel, brass, copper, nickel; especially in presence of water or steam. Incompatible with halogens. Attacks plastics, rubber and coatings.
- Waste DisposalReturn refillable compressed gas cylinders to supplier. Pass into soda ash solution, then add calcium hypochlorite; neutralize and flush to sewer with water (A-38).
sulfur dioxide Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation Products3-BROMOBENZENESULFONAMIDE
- Company Name:SIMAGCHEM CORP
- Tel:13806087780 +86 13806087780
- Company Name:Haihang Industry Co.,Ltd