ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Olefin (cyclic and acyclic) > 2-Chloropropene
2-Chloropropene Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-138 °C
- Boiling point:23 °C
- Density 0.91
- refractive index n
- Flash point:-20°C
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- Water Solubility Not miscible or difficult to mix in water.
- BRN 1361376
- CAS DataBase Reference557-98-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System2-Chloropropene (557-98-2)
2-Chloropropene Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesCLEAR COLOURLESS LIQUID
- General DescriptionA clear colorless volatile liquid. Flash point -4°F., Boiling point 73°F. Less dense than water and insoluble in water. Vapors heavier than air.
- Air & Water ReactionsHighly flammable. Insoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileHalogenated aliphatic compounds, such as 2-Chloropropene, are moderately or very reactive. Reactivity generally decreases with increased degree of substitution of halogen for hydrogen atoms. Low molecular weight haloalkanes are highly flammable and can react with some metals to form dangerous products. Low molecular weight haloalkenes are highly flammable, peroxidizable and may polymerize violently. They may react violently with aluminum. Materials in this group are incompatible with strong oxidizing and reducing agents. Also, they are incompatible with many amines, nitrides, azo/diazo compounds, alkali metals, and epoxides.
- Health HazardMay cause toxic effects if inhaled or absorbed through skin. Inhalation or contact with material may irritate or burn skin and eyes. Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may cause pollution.
- Fire HazardHIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames. Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers. May polymerize explosively when heated or involved in a fire. Runoff to sewer may create fire or explosion hazard. Containers may explode when heated. Many liquids are lighter than water.
- Safety ProfileMildly toxic by inhalation. Mutation data reported. Very dangerous fire hazard when exposed to heat, flame, sparks, or powerful oxidizers. To fight fire, use water, spray, mist, fog, dry chemical, alcohol foam. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of Cl-. See also CHLORIDES.
2-Chloropropene Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsAllyl alcohol
- Dichloromaleic anhydride 2-Chloropropene-3-ol CHLORANILIC ACID 3-CHLORO-7-HYDROXY-4-METHYLCOUMARIN 1,2,3,4-Tetrachloro-5,5-dimethoxycyclopentadiene 5-CHLORO-2'-DEOXYURIDINE 2,3-DICHLOROHEXAFLUORO-2-BUTENE Tetrachloro-o-benzoquinone TRANS-4-OCTYL-ALPHA-CHLORO-4'-ETHOXYSTILBENE 2-CHLORO-2-BUTENE 1-Chloro-1-cyclopentene AKOS BBS-00003179 TETRACHLOROCYCLOPROPENE 5-Chlorouracil 2,3-Dichloro-1,4-naphthoquinone 1-PHENYL-4,5-DICHLORO-6-PYRIDAZONE 2-CHLORO-3-(4-MORPHOLINO)-1,4-NAPHTHOQUINONE 2-Chloroacrylonitrile
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-