ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Hydrocarbons and derivatives > Hydrocarbon halides > 1-Bromo-3-methylbutane
1-Bromo-3-methylbutane Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-112 °C
- Boiling point:120-121 °C(lit.)
- Density 1.261 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:90 °F
- storage temp. Refrigerator (+4°C) + Flammables area
- solubility H2O: slightly soluble at 16.5°C (0.02g/100ml)
- form Liquid
- color Clear colorless
- Water Solubility 0.2 g/L (16 ºC)
- Merck 14,5114
- BRN 773652
- CAS DataBase Reference107-82-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceButane, 1-bromo-3-methyl-(107-82-4)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemButane, 1-bromo-3-methyl- (107-82-4)
1-Bromo-3-methylbutane Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesclear colourless liquid
- UsesAn alkyl halide and organic synthesis reagent.
- UsesIn organic synthesis.
- Synthesis Reference(s)Journal of the American Chemical Society, 96, p. 8115, 1974 DOI: 10.1021/ja00833a048
Organic Syntheses, Coll. Vol. 1, p. 25, 1941
- General DescriptionA colorless liquid. Flash point 21°F. Slightly soluble in water and denser than water. Vapors are heavier than air.
- Air & Water ReactionsHighly flammable. Slightly soluble in water and denser than water.
- Reactivity ProfileHalogenated aliphatic compounds, such as 1-Bromo-3-methylbutane, are moderately or very reactive. Reactivity generally decreases with increased degree of substitution of halogen for hydrogen atoms. Low molecular weight haloalkanes are highly flammable and can react with some metals to form dangerous products. Materials in this group are incompatible with strong oxidizing and reducing agents. Also, they are incompatible with many amines, nitrides, azo/diazo compounds, alkali metals, and epoxides. Gives toxic fumes of bromine when burned.
- Health HazardMay cause toxic effects if inhaled or absorbed through skin. Inhalation or contact with material may irritate or burn skin and eyes. Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may cause pollution.
- Fire HazardHIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames. Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers. Runoff to sewer may create fire or explosion hazard. Containers may explode when heated. Many liquids are lighter than water.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by intraperitoneal route. Flammable liquid. Dangerous fire hazard when exposed to heat or flame. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of Br-. See also BROMIDES.
- Purification MethodsShake the bromide with conc H2SO4, wash with water, dry with K2CO3 and fractionally distil it. [Beilstein 1 IV 378.]
1-Bromo-3-methylbutane Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Bromocyclopentane 1-Bromobutane 2-Bromo-2-methylpropane Bromocyclohexane 1-Hexadecylpyridinium bromide Cyclobutyl bromide 1-Bromo-2-methylpropane 1-Bromodecane Cyclopropyl bromide Chlorobromoisocyanurate 2-Bromopropane Rocuronium bromide Isoamyl nitrite Vecuronium bromide Sodium bromate ISOVALERIC ANHYDRIDE 3-Methyl-1-butanol 4-Bromomethylbenzoic acid
- Company Name:Shanghai Amquar Biological Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Yancheng Longshen Chemical Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Hubei Zhonglong Kangsheng Fine Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:15926260361 027-83855383-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-