DBDCB Chemical Properties
- Melting point:48-50°C
- Boiling point:338.6±42.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.9436 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.6300 (estimate)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form neat
- Merck 14,3021
- BRN 1930600
- CAS DataBase Reference35691-65-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System1-Bromo-1-(bromomethyl)-1,3-propanedicarbonitrile (35691-65-7)
DBDCB Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite crystal
- Chemical PropertiesLight yellow crystalline solid or powder. Commercial products may be soluble concentrate (liquid or solid); pellets/tablets. Mild, acrid, sweet odor.
- DefinitionChEBI: An organobromine compound that consists of pentanedinitrile bearing bromo and bromomethyl substituents at position 2.
- General DescriptionCrystals with a pungent odor. Insoluble in water. Used as a preservative in latex paint, adhesives, etc.
- Air & Water ReactionsInsoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileDBDCB may polymerize in the presence of metals and some metal compounds. Incompatible with acids; mixing nitriles with strong oxidizing acids can lead to extremely violent reactions. Nitriles are generally incompatible with other oxidizing agents such as peroxides and epoxides. The combination of bases and nitriles can produce hydrogen cyanide. Nitriles are hydrolyzed in both aqueous acid and base to give carboxylic acids (or salts of carboxylic acids). These reactions generate heat. Peroxides convert nitriles to amides. Nitriles can react vigorously with reducing agents.
- Agricultural UsesMicrobiocide: Tolerances have been established by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration when this substances is used as a preservative in food-grade adhesives and as a slimicide in the manufacture of food-grade paper and paperboard. Used to control slime-forming bacteria and fungi in recirculating water cooling system; oil-recovery drilling mud systems; paper mill and pulp mill water systems and similar industrial processing and chemical systems.
- Trade nameBIOCHEK®; BIOCLEAR®; MERCK® 48051; METACIDE® 38; METASOL; TEKTAMER
- Contact allergensMethyldibromoglutaronitrile is a biocide widely used as a preservative agent in cosmetics, toiletries, and metalworking fluids. It is a potent allerg
- Safety ProfileExperimental reproductive effects. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NO, and Br-.
- Potential ExposureNitrile microbiocide used as a preser- vative in food grade adhesives and as a slimicide in the manufacture of food grade paper and paperboard; used to control slime-forming bacteria and fungi in recirculating water cooling system; oil recovery drilling mud systems; paper mill and pulp mill water systems and similar indus- trial processing and chemical systems.
- ShippingUN3261 Corrosive solid, acidic, organic, n.o.s., Hazard class: 8; Labels: 8-Corrosive material, Technical Name Required. UN3439 Nitriles, solid, toxic, n.o.s., Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous materials, Technical Name Required.
- IncompatibilitiesCorrosive. Strong oxidizers and reducing agents, strong acids and bases. Reacts with acids, steam, warm water producing toxic and flammable hydrogen cya- nide fumes. Hydrogen cyanide is produced when propioni- trile is heated to decomposition. Nitriles may polymerize in the presence of metals and some metal compounds. They are incompatible with acids; mixing nitriles with strong oxidizing acids can lead to extremely violent reactions. Nitriles are generally incompatible with other oxidizing agents such as peroxides and epoxides. The combination of bases and nitriles can produce hydrogen cyanide. Nitriles are hydrolyzed in both aqueous acid and base to give car- boxylic acids (or salts of carboxylic acids). These reactions generate heat. Peroxides convert nitriles to amides. Nitriles can react vigorously with reducing agents. Acetonitrile and propionitrile are soluble in water, but nitriles higher than propionitrile have low aqueous solubility. They are also insoluble in aqueous acids .
- Waste DisposalRecycle any unused portion of the material for its approved use or return it to the manu- facturer or supplier. Ultimate disposal of the chemical must consider: the material’s impact on air quality; potential migration in soil or water; effects on animal, aquatic, and plant life; and conformance with environmental and public health regulations .
DBDCB Preparation Products And Raw materials
- DITHIANON Penoxyethanol/MethyldibromoGlutaronitrile 5-BROMOVALERONITRILE 1,2-Dibromobutane 4-BROMOBUTYRONITRILE 1,2-Dibromopentane 2-BROMO-2-METHYLPENTANE 3-BROMOPROPIONITRILE ISOCAPRONITRILE 2-METHYLGLUTARONITRILE 2-BROMOPROPIONITRILE Bromoacetonitrile 1-BROMO-2-METHYLPENTANE 2,3-Dibromopropionitrile 1-Bromo-2-methylbutane 1,2-DIBROMO-2,4-DICYANOBUTANE-1,3-14C Glutaronitrile DBDCB
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:010-82848833- ;010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Tel:400-610-6006; 021-67582000
- Company Name:TAIYUAN RHF CO.,LTD.
- Tel:+86 351 7031519
- Company Name:Energy Chemical