Basic information Guanidine Salt Physical and Chemical Properties Category Toxicological Information Applications Synthesis Handling and Storage Flammability Hazard Fire Fighting Measures Explosives hazard Safety Related Supplier
Guanidine nitrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:213-215 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:227.45°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.44
- refractive index 1.4164 (estimate)
- storage temp. Store below +30°C.
- solubility water: soluble50mg/mL, clear to very slightly hazy, colorless
- PH4.9 (165g/l, H2O, 25℃)
- Water Solubility 130 g/L (20 ºC)
- Merck 14,4562
- BRN 3596600
- Stability:May explode if heated. May be shock sensitive.
- CAS DataBase Reference506-93-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemGuanidine nitrate (506-93-4)
Guanidine nitrate Usage And Synthesis
- Guanidine SaltNitrate guanidine， guanidine hydrochloride, guanidine carbonate and guanidine phosphate are four common kinds of guanidine salts, can be used to produce sulfamidine, sulfadiazine sulfonamides and nitroguanidine, guanidine carbonate, and also used for photography materials and disinfectants. Industrial preparation of guanidine nitrate is through the reaction of dicyandiamide and ammonium nitrate.
Guanidine nitrate, also known as guanidine mononitrate, is colorless leave-like crystal when crystallized from water. It has moderate toxicity, Its molecular formula is H2NC (NH) NH2HNO3. It is white granules soluble in water and ethanol, slightly soluble in acetone. It has explosion decomposition at high temperatures. Its melting point is between 214 and 216 ° C. When it is rammed or exposed to high heat or fire, there is a risk of combustion explosion. And when mixed with sulfur, phosphorus and other reducing agents, it brings the danger of the formation of explosive mixtures. The mixtures of guanidine nitrate with nitro compounds, chlorates or strong acids are sensitive to vibration and friction and likely to cause explosion. It should be stored in shady and cool places and free from high temperature. Guanidine nitrate should be isolated from flammables, organic compounds, nitro compounds, chlorates or acids. The loading and unloading of guanidine nitrate should be carried out carefully and lightly with reinforcement pad to prevent knock and friction. And spilled guanidine nitrate should be immediately cleaned. Its fire extinguisher can be sand, foam, carbon dioxide and mist water.
Its United Nations No. (UN No.): 1467/5041-1,5.1 class, classified as oxidant.
Image 1: Molecular structure of guanidine nitrate
- Physical and Chemical PropertiesWhite crystalline powder or granules. Soluble in water and alcohol but insoluble in acetone, benzene and ether.
- Toxicological InformationToxicity Grading: moderate toxicity (WHO Class II)
Acute Toxicity：Oral-Rat LD50: 730 mg/kg; Oral-mouse LD50: 1028 mg/kg
Stimulation : Skin-Rabbit 500 mg ,Severe; Eyes-Rabbit 92 mg, Mild
- ApplicationsGuanidine nitrate is not only used as the raw materials of imidacloprid (a pesticide) to prepare the next intermediate, nitroguanidine, it can also be used as the intermediates of a variety of sulfonylurea herbicides, such as bensulfuron-methyl, pyrazosulfuron-ethyl, chlorimuron-ethyl, etc. In addition, it is also used for the synthesis of sulfonamides medicine, explosives, photographic materials and disinfectants.In addition, it is also used to test guanidine salt in the complex acid.
- SynthesisThe reaction of dicyandiamide and ammonium nitrate:
The condensation reaction dicyandiamide and ammonium nitrate in the ratio of 1: 2 is carried out at 120~210 ° C. The reaction product is crystallized, sliced to obtain finished product.
It also can be prepared by the reaction between calcium cyanamide and nitric acid.
- Handling and StorageIt should be stored in low-temperature ventilated depot.
The loading and unloading of guanidine nitrate should be carried out carefully and lightly.
Always keep guanidine nitrate from organic materials, reducing agents, sulfur, phosphorus and flammables
- Flammability HazardIt is flammable at high temperature, and its combustion produces toxic nitrogen oxide fumes.
- Fire Fighting MeasuresExtinguishing Media:
Sand, carbon dioxide and mist water.
- Explosives hazardExplosive when rammed or exposed to high heat or fire.
Explosive when mixed with sulfur, phosphorus and other reducing agents.
- Chemical Propertiessolid
- UsesGuanidine nitrate is the salt formed from guanidine and nitric acid and has been used as a high energy fuel used in gas generators and propellant applications.
- HazardStrong oxidant, may ignite organic materials on contact, may explode by shock or heat.
Guanidine nitrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsParaformaldehydeAmmonium nitrateDicyanodiamideCalcium cyanamide6-Ethyl-o-toluidine
- Preparation ProductsBensulfuron methyl 2-AminopyrimidineEthyl 5-[3-(4,6-dimethoxy pyrimidyl-2-yl)ureido]methylpyrazolyl-4-carboxylic esterPirimiphos-methyl 2,4-Diamino-5-pyrimidinemethanol2-Amino-4,6-dimethoxypyrimidineGuanidine carbonateDPX-T56482,4-Diamino-5-(bromomethyl)pyrimidineTrimethoprimDiaveridineSulfaguanidineNitroguanidine2-Amino-4,6-dihydroxypyrimidineTriazol-3-amine2-Nitroaminoimidazoline2,4-DIAMINOPYRIMIDINE-5-CARBONITRILE2,4-DIAMINOPYRIMIDINE-5-CARBOXYLIC ACID2,4,6-TRIAMINO-5-NITROPYRIMIDINE2,4-Diamino-6-hydroxypyrimidine4-Chloro-2,6-diaminopyrimidine2-Amino-4,6-dimethylpyrimidineAlkylimidazole
- Guanidine phosphate Guanidine carbonate Guanidine hydrochloride Guanidine sulfate Guanidinium sulphate ABZ-ASP-PHE-ARG-LEU-PHE-ALA-PHE-TYR-(NO2)-ASP Aminoguanidinium nitrate DIAMINOIMINOBENZENE HYDROIODIDE Guanidine, 1-(1,5-dimethylhexyl)-2-(2-methyl-4-quinolyl)-3-(2-thiazoly l)-, dinitrate AMINOBENZOYL-ARG-VAL-LYS-ARG-GLY-LEU-ALA-TYR(NO2)-ASP RARECHEM AX KI 5007 RARECHEM AX KI 5005 (2Z)-2-((4Z)-4-[(AMINOCARBONOTHIOYL)HYDRAZONO]CYCLOHEXA-2,5-DIEN-1-YLIDENE)HYDRAZINECARBOXIMIDAMIDE NITRATE TRIAMINOGUANIDINE NITRATE RARECHEM AX KI 5003 AMINOGUANIDINE NITRATE DIHYDRATE Guanidine nitrate NITRATE
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Products Intro:Product Name:Guanidine nitrate
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Products Intro:Product Name:Guanidine nitrate
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Products Intro:Product Name:Guanidine nitrate, 98%
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Products Intro:Product Name:Guanidine Nitrate
- Company Name:ShangHai DEMO Chemical Co.,Ltd
- Tel:400-021-7337 qq:2355568890
- Email:email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Products Intro:CAS:506-93-4